24

To say the least, she was enjoying spending time with the Khurana family. Roshni would tell her tricks to manage time with the college while Shraddha would tell her easy tricks to prepare food quickly. She would also tell her about the proper hair and skin routine she is following for years which would excite Tara a lot.

By watching television, she used to think that all the mother-in-laws are evil except her mother but now seeing her mother-in-laws she chose to not believe in this theory.

"Arjun was a cute child from starting", Roshni said smiling at his picture at her wedding. Tara awed at the cute chubby child in Roshni's arms smiling brightly at the camera. She never saw him smiling like this in real life.

He even forgot to smile as he grew up. She thought with a pout.

"He wasn't always cute. He was the silent one as well. He and Saachi were like best friends from the starting. They would share their secrets with each other", Shraddha spoke adoring their pictures together.

"Yes, Saachi told him everything about her feelings for Yuvraj", Roshni spoke with a small smile. 

Tara couldn't help but feel a little pain to hear about the deep bond they shared. Roshni did tell her about Saachi being her niece but she thought Roshni didn't mean it in a literal way.

She heard Shraddha speaking that if the royal family won't have adopted her, she would've chosen her for Arjun. Though she didn't want Tara to hear it she did.

 Before that Tara had no idea about Saachi being the adopted daughter of Ekansh Pratap Singh.

"Excuse Me", Tara said feeling weird. She shouldn't feel like this. Saachi was happily married with a beautiful son. But still, she felt inferior to her in many ways.

Though Tara was always loved in her family she had this habit of comparing herself with every other person and feeling bad about it. 

She knew she could never form a bond like that with Arjun. She wasn't even able to calm his anger and he claims to love her. She knew for a fact that if Saachi would've been there she would've calmed him immediately. 

She sighed lying down on the bed looking at the ceiling. What is the use of thinking like that? She wondered. He is her husband after all.

She sat up before going into the closet. She sat in front of the dresser looking at herself. She patted her cheek trying to cheer herself but nothing was working. She sighed looking down.

Sometimes she felt so lonely in this big house. Everything was just too much for her at times which made her feel out of the box. She wasn't born in a place like this. She wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She wasn't somebody who felt comfortable staying in this place.

She remembers her classmates speaking about her marriage. They would often speak about how Tara would have trapped Arjun otherwise he won't even look at her. Since that moment only she is feeling very wrong like she doesn't deserve all this. 

She knows nothing about this high-class living which scares her the most. 

Arjun feels attracted to her till a small time only what if he finds some other girl from his class who would be better than her in each and everything. The pictures she saw on the internet a few days before their marriage would come true.

She closed her eyes trying to stop the depressing thoughts in her mind as tears started blurring her vision. She sniffed rubbing her arms trying to calm her emotions but nothing worked as tears rolled down her cheeks.

She thought about the words thrown by her college mates about her being lucky trapping an exotic fish easily but why wasn't she feeling like this? Why was she feeling like she was daily losing a part of her?