57

The world is full of grey rather than having black and white.

-Tara

===========================================================================

She looked at him scared listening his calm voice. She tried to pull away from him but he didn't let her move away from him.

"What the hell do you mean?", he spoke in a cold voice looking down at her with his black eyes silently glaring at her as if punishing her for the words she just spoke.

"I mean what I am saying, Ji. I want us to have a normal family and everything here is anything but normal. You need to understand", she was interupted as he showed her his finger.

"Don't", he warned her standing up from his place. He can't even take rest now because what his wife is saying is poison for him. It makes him want to go to his dear mother and lash at her for filling filth in her brain.

"How long did it take Mrs. Khurana to fill your brain", he asked her making her stare at him with pain and sadness visible on her face as well as eyes.

"Do you really think I don't have a brain of my own to believe anything", she questioned his tiredly. She never wants him to be angry. Him being angry always made her heart heavy. She knew it wasn't the moment to get weak and do something stupid.

"Well, I didn't think that but right now I am forced to believe it", he told her making her let out a sigh.

"I want you to listen to my words as well", she spoke making him shake his head. He didn't want anyone to speak about this topic not even her. This part of his life was too sensitive for him and it had the power to trigger the worst behavior in him and he wasn't ready to show that side of his to his wife. Whenever he looked at his mother, the flashes of him standing under heavy rainfall calling for his mother comes in front of his eyes.

"Shut up. Just shut up", he spoke loudly this time making her flinch.

"Don't do something Tara, you would regret later", he warned her feeling his hands shivering at the moment. Tara could see his face getting redder with passing moment signifying his anger. She wasn't sure if she was scared at the moment or was feeling sad for him for being in this situation.

She took few steps towards him as he continued looking at her with sharp eyes before holding his hands. The moment her skin came in contact with him, he pulled his hands away from her as if her touch burned him which definitely hurt him a lot.

"Will I do something which will possibly hurt you?", she asked him making him laugh humorlessly.

"You are certainly doing that only and are getting successful at it", he made the remark making her feel worse than before.

"I know Ji whatever happened that day was wrong. I won't say what I did was justifiable. I answered back, Ma even though I knew she is elder than me, I spoke wrongly with her. Nobody is saying anything to me because they have already made their mind believing that Ma would always be wrong. But you don't clap your hands with only one hand involved. Of course, I was at fault as well", she tried to make everything clear to him of what she felt.

"So you are here to make me understand how wrong you were. Oh, baby, Now I do know how wrong you are", he spoke shaking his head.

"Ji, I don't want you to just start loving Ma. I know what she did was incredibly wrong but the fact that she gave you birth, she at least deserve some respect", she spoke softly not touching him this time knowing how he was hating her touch at the moment. In true words, Arjun was hating himself more feeling so small in front of Tara to speak about his behavior with his mother.