28

She walked slowly and elegantly down the stairs with a gentle normal smile on her face checking her phone at times which caught Arjun's attention immediately but what took him aback was the bold look of his wife. She would never wear such a saree in front of him. What was wrong with her?

Though her skin was covered by it a small amount of cleavage was visible from the blouse

Though her skin was covered by it a small amount of cleavage was visible from the blouse. He tried to divert his attention to his i-pad as she moved to the kitchen.

He wanted her to talk to him about last night but nothing like that happened. She acted like nothing weird happened last night. Like he didn't destroy her decoration and slept on top of her the whole night.

But the sight in front of him made his breathing uneven. Her backless blouse staying in place because of a single button and a few strings made him feel weird. He cleared his throat pulling her attention towards him.

"Do you need something Ji?", she asked him trying to pull up more innocence on her face pushing her straight black hair back which was falling on her face.

He looked away immediately checking his files this time making her smile seeing her plan working properly.

"Ji, Can we go out today?", she asked him as he immediately looked up at her before shaking his head.

"Baby, I don't celebrate my birthday", he told her making her frown.

"Who said we are going out to celebrate your birthday? But the most important thing to ask is- is it your birthday today?", she asked making him narrow his eyes at her as she went back to heating water.

"You are doing it because of last night right?", he asked her putting his things aside standing up from his place. 

"What last night? I just wanted to celebrate three months of our marriage", she said making him frown as he tried to remember whether she wished him a happy birthday or not. But he couldn't remember any such thing. He was drunk as well so he couldn't say anything.

"But it's still two days left for our three-month anniversary", he asked wanting her to accept the fact that she did all that to celebrate his birthday.

"Leave that. Are you going to take me out or I should call Bhai because I was busy with assignments and studies for so long that I didn't really go out", she told him clearly ignoring his question making him more irritated. He didn't like her way of skipping his question so easily.

"Baby, but I am...", he was speaking when she put her finger on his lips. 

"You are taking me or not", she asked straight away looking at the other side still not able to look into his eyes.

"Fine", he said finally giving up not because she was asking him but because he wanted to know why she was doing this. A big smile covered her lips as he agreed.

"But you are going to change", he told her making her frown.

"Why what is wrong with this?", she asked him clearly trying to irritate him. She herself was feeling very uncomfortable wearing this.