32

"What is going on in your mind, Baby", Arjun asked her nuzzling his face in her neck.

"My assignments are still not completed", she mumbled with a pout making him smile at her innocence.

"You had an important meeting today, why are you here?", she asked him wearing her watch. She was getting late for college and he was acting like this with her.

"I was missing my wife", he spoke making her push him away lightly.

"This is not right, Ji. Your work shouldn't suffer because of us", she told him making him smile at her worry for his work.

"I am just kidding", he spoke leaning on the wall looking at her getting ready.

"The meeting got canceled and my wife had late classes at her college so I thought to drop her myself. And also because we have to attend a reception party today", he told her making her frown.

"Which reception party?", she asked him but he only smirked at her.

"Just a party I wanted to attend with my wife to show the world how proud I am to get you in my life", he spoke making her blush.

"But I have college till 4", she told him.

"So you don't take four hours to get ready, right?", he asked making her nod her head understanding his words.

"We have to leave till 8. It will be fine. Take your time. Complete your work before going. It's the first time we are going out as a couple, and I want you to remember it forever", he spoke coming closer to her kissing her forehead making her smile shyly at his words.

--------------------------------------------------

They entered inside the huge hotel where the reception party was going to take place. She felt uncomfortable in the high-class crowd where everybody was dressed in so expensive clothes.

Women were busy talking about each other's branded clothes and jewelry while men were busy talking about business and how the host of the party chose to marry a teacher rather than going for the daughter of some rich businessman. She also heard these things and now she felt sad for the bride and somehow felt herself to be odd in this group.

"You look beautiful", Arjun spoke feeling the discomfort felt by his wife at the moment.

"Don't you think we are early", she asked looking at him whose eyes were searching for somebody in the crowd

"No, we aren't", he spoke still not looking at her.

"From whose side are we from. Groom or bride", she asked making him look at her. She knew he was from the groom's side, or how else will he know the bride.

"Bride", he stated making her frown.

"How?", she asked as he shook his head.

"Please don't speak anything for sometimes Tara", he spoke making her frown. He never calls her Tara if he was in good mood. Either he was angry or worried but why would he be worried or even if he is angry, what could be the reason, she wondered.