64

Love is a light in darkness

-Arjun

===========================================================================

Arjun came back from work and found his wife crying. He was used to it but he felt pain seeing her tear covered face. He moved towards her immediately only for her to push him away.

"Don't touch me", she yelled at him making him raise his eyebrow. Only if she said the same thing last night but that wasn't something he could discuss at the moment. He needed to know why his wife was being this way.

"What happened baby", he asked her but she just shook her head.

"I couldn't attend the classes today because I was feeling nauseous and now that I remember you promised me that we will have twins. You lied", she cried covering her face.

"Baby", he was shocked at her words as she threw the pillow on his face.

"You said we will have twins", Tara spoke shaking her head not ready to listen to him.

And with that Arjun was forced to leave the room, more like pushed out. How was he suppose to control this twin thing? What was his fault in this? He didn't even want her to have fake hopes saying the ultrasound is not done. They just heard the heartbeats of the baby and since than she is behaving like this.

They needed to preschedule the appointment to see the baby. It would be tomorrow and already he was out of his room. She thought that when the doctor said that she heard the heartbeat. She only heard one heartbeat and since than she is behaving this way.

He sighed knocking on the door not liking this at all. What if she needs him at night?

===========================================================================

Tara woke up later in the night feeling cold without his arms around her. She now remembered how she behaved. It was so wrong. She removed the blanket to see where he is when her eyes shined. She found him sleeping on the couch. She awed at the sight before quickly moving towards him.

She covered him with the sheets properly which made him awake. 

"You need something, baby", he asked suddenly feeling worried.

"Yes, come back to the bed", she spoke making him rub his eyes to remove the sleep from his eyes before walking to the bed. She felt so bad to treat him this way. He is so special, loving and caring and she always behaves like this with him. She can't blame it on her hormones because she does makes him sad at the end of the day. She immediately moved in his arms. He was tired from the work so immediately fall asleep pulling her tighter in his arms. Tara was worried about the whole procedure which will take place tomorrow. She closed her eyes cupping her lower abdomen.

===========================================================================

"You see this Mr. and Mrs. Khurana, this is your baby", the female doctor spoke pointing at the beany structure on the screen.

Arjun looked at his wife who was looking at the screen intently. She couldn't believe they made this life. She always used to think about having a baby and now when they were having one. She was feeling scared. Not that she wasn't happy. But she was scared more than that. Will she be a good mother? She didn't prove herself to be a good wife. What will she answer her baby? 

She didn't want to turn out like Shraddha in any situation. She wanted to love her baby and want him to love her as well. 

Arjun looked at the doctor before asking her in a low voice.