35

This incident took a toll on Arjun's and Tara's relationship. Roshni took Tara with her after knowing about the attack on Arjun's mansion and at the same time, Arjun had to leave for a meeting in Mumbai.

She sighed remembering the whole incident looking out of the window blankly not understanding what is happening in her life. She thought her relationship with Arjun was more like a fairytale but it was making her suffocated after knowing how she became a doll in his hands. Her phone again started vibrating making her look at it. It was again him.

She wasn't willing to answer the calls as she put the phone back on the table still looking out. She looked at her palm with curiousness. Was this only written in her fate to be a puppet in somebody's else hand? Her silky hair moved with the soft breeze covering her face at times. She moved them away from her face accordingly looking at the greenery visible through the window.

It feels so weird. A few times ago, she used to fear to even come in the direction of his room. She only saw this greenery from downstairs but now that she realized it would've been better if she never got this comfortable with this luxury, with her rich husband, and his dominance more like his psychotic ways.

He called her many times even messaged her at times but she chose to ignore everything. She wanted to enjoy her freedom for sometimes even if it won't last long at least she can cherish it in her heart. Her hands unknowingly moved to her neck holding the nuptial chain looking up at the heavens asking her questions silently. 

She let out a breath when her door was opened abruptly and Kenit entered inside with a plate filled with salad.

"I made this delicious thing. You have to try this", Kenit spoke.

"It's a salad", Tara spoke as a matter of fact making Kenit glare at her.

"This is the first time I made something and you are not even acting like a good friend telling me how delicious it is", he told her pointing at the plate.

Tara nodded picking up a piece of carrot which was roughly cut still quite thick. She looked at him before biting it nodding her head.

"You didn't even put black pepper nor salt nothing at all", Tara spoke still chewing on the carrot.

"I am not a chef. There can be few problems", Kenit spoke which made Tara look at him with an are you for a real look.

"There would be many problems when you don't even know which vegetables should be kept in the salad", Kinshuk spoke entering the room pushing his hair behind.

"We don't see you around much what are you doing these days", Tara asked Kinshuk who removed his blazer putting it on the bed.

"Taking care of the company. Kenit is busy in college stuff", Kinshuk spoke.

"You don't have to take care of college things", Tara asked him not getting how he can manage two different things at the same time.

"I already took care of them and I do have weekends to do the rest of work", Kinshuk spoke checking the time.

"I can't believe Kinshuk is getting this matured", Tara spoke not realizing how he grew up this early.

"Tara people think Khuranas have an expensive lifestyle. They don't realize how much hard work it takes for us to maintain this lifestyle", Kenit spoke making her nod her head still in a daze.

"And however hard work we do, Bhai is still the most hardworking person in the family. I mean the management of all the companies under Khurana's name is his responsibility and it's not easy", Kinshuk spoke but Tara didn't give any reaction to it this time.