25

Tara and Arjun came back to their mansion after spending their time with the Khurana family. Tara was slowly understanding Arjun's anger issues. What triggered him and he hated the most?

He didn't like when she ignored him even when it was unintentional. He just couldn't handle her ignorance. She sighed kneading the dough properly when she felt arms around her waist and chin on her shoulder making her freeze.

She looked at the intruder before frowning at his face.

"When did you come back home?", she asked him with a deep frown. He nuzzled his nose in her neck making her shiver.

"When you were busy in nonsense", he said making her stare at him wanting him to explain.

"I have helpers to cook food and clean the house. Why do you have to do work?", he asked glaring daggers at her as she gulped.

"By the way, Yuvraj and Saachi are coming for dinner today", he said moving away losing his tie opening the upper two buttons of his shirt after removing his blazer.

Tara froze at her place. She wasn't expecting this at all. It wasn't like she had some problem with Saachi. It's just she felt too low in front of her. She was a royal who was doing all her royal duties and job with her utmost sincerity. More than that she was a wonderful wife and mother. She was just perfect in all sense and looking at Arjun, Tara somewhere knew he deserved someone like Saachi for himself.

Who won't be like her always scared and insecure?

She was just a weak daughter of an IAS daughter. What special did she have in herself?

Saachi was a reputed doctor in the state and a better queen for her subjects. She was just the next level of perfection. She sighed continuing her cooking. That was the only thing she could do properly. She wondered.

The next moment, Arjun came downstairs dressed in a white Kurta-Pyjama moving his finger in his slightly wet hair.

She switched off the stove.

"You should also get freshen up", Arjun said looking at her dressed in a blue Kurti with black legging which made her feel more uncomfortable. She wore it to her college. Even after so many assignments, she had to complete and was completed as well, she thought to cook food for him after a tiring day at work.

Maybe he was right, she was just doing nonsense. It didn't mean anything to him. He never asked her to cook for him nor did he ever compliment her handmade food which actually means he didn't like the food prepared by her.

He was just being a gentleman not saying anything.

"You can change while the cook can do the further cooking", he said checking his phone. She nodded her head as her mind agreed with her reasons. He really didn't think she was worthy enough to cook good food for his guests. She sighed before moving upstairs.

She got into the bathroom staring at her reflection. She stared at her face for a long time as she find her eyes shining with tears. She sniffed before watching her face, throwing cold water harshly on her face which mixed with the warm tears falling down her cheek.

Every day, she heard new theories by her classmates saying how early her husband would get over with her and move on to another chick or whatever word they would use.

It was like they were waiting for a drama in her life.

She took a deep breath calming her senses as she got dressed in a simple green saree with a choker.