38

It was a fine morning with the birds chirping around the mansion. The sun was shining brightly causing the already hot climate to turn warmer. The lights of the mansion were still closed but it didn't mean everybody was asleep. 

The room was filled with darkness as he sat slightly taking the support of the bed and looking at her face as she breathed softly. Last night was hard for her. He still remembers when she almost begged him to let her sleep because she was extremely tired. 

He removed the hair strands from her face still looking at her peaceful face only if she stayed this peaceful around him, he won't have to be harsh on her. Though even in his anger, he tried to be soft on her but something in her innocent eyes forced him to turn harsher on her. Her screams would weirdly give him satisfaction.

He sighed wiping his face. When he thought about his feelings, he felt like a psychopath. But the major point here was that only his wife bring the worst and best out of him.

She moved in her sleep sleeping on her stomach wincing slightly. She opened her eyes a little looking up at him with sleepy eyes.

"Shh...", he whispered patting her head slightly letting her go back to sleep holding his other wrist. He felt a little guilt overpowering him seeing her wincing whenever she moved as he continued staring at her before moving to the closet. He took one of his t-shirts and made her wear it not wanting her to feel cold because of AC. 

He checked the time, it was still 6 in the morning. He still had a lot of time to go to work so he decided to watch her sleep. It became like a habit for him to stare at her face whenever she would be asleep. He knew she would be scared if she got to know about this but he just couldn't help. At some time, he would even forget the time while staring at her. Still wonder, how his life took a turn letting him meet this angel.

She slowly opened her eyes taking a deep breath before looking around yawning when her eyes caught his.

"Good Morning", he spoke as she pushed the hair strand on her face before moving closer to him letting her head rest in his lap like a baby.

"Baby", he called as she nuzzled her face in his stomach.

"Why are you awake this soon?", she asked in a thick morning voice with closed eyes.

"Because it's 7 already", he spoke as she stayed silent for some time.

"Why were you staring at me?", she asked letting another yawn escape her lips sniffing slightly.

"I was just observing something", he spoke as she looked up at him with furrowed eyebrows as he pulled her up letting her rest her head on his chest.

"It is scary. Don't look at me like that", she mumbled resting her left arm on his chest ready to fall asleep again.

"Are you in pain?", he asked as she hummed still sleepy.

"I am tired also", she whispered already half asleep. He patted her head softly as she soon fall asleep again. He looked at her face before slowly putting her head on the pillow and moving out of the bed. He couldn't sleep the whole day like this. He had a meeting to attend. He thought as he moved to get a shower.

Tara already told him that she wasn't willing to attend college today so he didn't feel to disturb her. She always stays so stressed out with all the assignments. At least he was thankful that she wasn't doing much work at home and stressing herself more.

Today also she had one assignment to complete so she thought to take a leave. Another reason for her to stay at home was the extreme heat, yesterday she was feeling very tired after all the classes, she felt like she would faint at any moment. And then her classes ended earlier so she came back home alone and got to hear a lot from her husband because he was worried about her security.