48

In this time when people can't even feel love, I was lucky enough to find a selfless love.

-Tara

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weather outside was too harsh as Tara got ready in her saree. She had to go to her college so she needs to complete the puja before that. She pinned her saree in haste as Arjun was in his study. She was really disappointed at how he didn't even come here once to check on her. The moment she got up she was alone on the bed.

Thank god, she talked to her mother yesterday and got to know about the fast otherwise she wouldn't have known about it. How can she be so careless?

It was Sawan month where she had to observe a fast on every monday and Shivratri. She kept this fast from a very young age and couldn't leave it today as well. She sighed filling the vermilion in her hair partition before moving out going to the study.

She knocked on the door once before walking inside of course she was impatient. She need to go to her college as well. Her exams are approaching and she can't just be at home right now. She needs to prepare her notes and than see some youtube videos of the topic she is not understanding.

"Baby, it's too early for you to wake up", Arjun spoke looking at the clock which showed the time to be 6:30.

"I need to go to the temple. I just came to inform you", she told him which made him frown before closing his file trying to understand why she want to go to the temple this early in the morning.

"Don't think much. It's my fast today so Mumma told me to go to the temple and do the prayer", She told him straight away.

"What fast? And you don't want me to come with you", he asked standing up from his place moving to her as she nodded her head.

"Of course, I want you to come with me but I thought you maybe busy so I shouldn't trouble you. Mumma said that praying together with your spouse is good in this month", she told him as he frowned but didn't ask her much.

"Please drop me to my college after temple", she spoke looking up at him as he smiled at her words.

"You don't have to say please, just command what you want", he told her pecking her forehead as she smiled brightly at him showing her all teeth to him.

"I'll just come. You go down", he said moving to his room to get his wallet as she moved down to the temple before lightening up the diya there chanting the mantra from the book and completing the aarti. Till this time, he also came down and wait for her to complete her prayer as she picked up the thali coming towards him.

"We can go now", she said as he nodded moving to the car opening the passenger door for her first holding the thali till the time she got settled inside and than gently closed the door and came to his side and started the journey to the temple.

Tara took a glance towards him. She was thankful that her husband didn't loose hope in god with what he faced in his life. Also, she was thankful to god that he gave her so loving and caring husband who always made sure she was comfortable and happy. All her fasts to have a good husband were after all answered. She thought looking outside from the window. 

The weather was warm outside.

"You would go in a saree", he asked her knowing she would leave for the college soon after.

"I don't have any other choice. Also I only have 2 classes today so I will come back soon", she told him as he stopped the car in front of the temple. They got down the car before climbing up the stairs to the temple.