34

Three more days passed away with Dhriti still being with Arjun. Tara tried to help as much as she can at the moment providing Dhriti with a good living atmosphere, food, and clothes. 

"I don't need these things", Dhriti shouted throwing the plate on the floor making it break into many pieces.

"Dhriti, don't hurt yourself like this. You need food to live", Tara asked trying to handle the young who was a few years younger than her.

"Don't touch me. I don't want to be touched by a coward. My Bhai won't leave your husband, remember this", Dhriti shouted with tears falling down her cheeks.

"Please Dhriti, don't say this", Tara pleaded not wanting any harm to her husband.

"You just wait and watch. When my brother would be here, I'll tell him about your husband and he won't leave him at any cost", Dhriti said pushing her out of the room.

"Dhriti", Tara tried to speak when the door got closed. Tara sighed as the guards locked the door properly so she can't run away.

"Got yourself insulted again?", Arjun asked losing his tie after coming back from a meeting.

"It's all because of you. Why don't you let her go?", Tara asked angrily.

"Remember when you were kidnapped, you were tied with a chair, and the next time you were thrown in a cage filled with snakes. What did I even do till now, this girl is having a room to herself, a good bed, food, and clothes? I am not doing anything till now but I will start soon. Agastya likes to record every wrong deed he does then I'll do the same thing. Then he will understand what it feels when the family gets involved in an enmity", Arjun spoke determined of doing something big.

"Why are you making things this dense, Ji? Bring family between your fights is the worst thing you can do", she whispered not having the courage to make him angrier and also knowing the fact that he would again sweet-talk her and will make her forget the main topic.

----------------------------------------------------

Chiya knocked on the door for the last time. Her hands were hurting now from continuous knocking but she couldn't stop.

"Please, open the door", she pleaded sitting on the floor having her back to the wall beside the door. She could feel the coldness of the floor but she couldn't care less. The door opened as Agastya entered inside with a blank face with a tray of food in his hand.

"Have your food", he ordered closing the door behind him immediately before she can run.

"I don't want to eat anything", she spoke stubbornly pushing her hair back which was falling on her face. She didn't even know if Dhriti had eaten or not. How can she eat in such a situation?

"Siya, I am already very burdened, don't add up to my stress", he warned her. 

Her delicate body clad in a light pink saree sitting in the corner lightly shivering was clearly noticed by him. Her nose was red showing how worse her condition was getting.

"Let me go out and I'll do what you want", she spoke looking down holding her knees close to her chest. He sighed sitting on his knees in front of her making her look at him.

"Siya, I know you are worried for Dhriti and I am thankful for that but right now it's not you who that bastard needs, it's me", he told her cupping her face. She blinked at him.

"It's my mistake. It's because I invited him to the reception, he came to know about you, and now Dhriti is paying for everything", she spoke as her lips shivered and tears started falling down her eyes. She bit her lips trying to stop the sobs which made him pull her in his arms as she cried.