Splendor x Fem! Reader

Splendor's POV

I sigh in soft delight as I stare at my crush, a content smile on my lips as I zone out everything else. I admire the way she laughs when someone says something funny, swearing her eyes pause on me for just a moment before darting away. Did I imagine things? Hmm, I must have. I sigh softly and zone back in to my friend telling some boring story of his. I look down at our game of monopoly, currently crushing everyone at the game. I had so many hotels up I was practically bankrupting everyone! Still, Y/N somehow managed to stay in the game. She avoided his properties and had a knack for drawing good cards. Not to mention she held all utilities. That really added up when you land on them several times.

"And then I told him he was stupid for picking it!" My friend grins, everyone laughing at this.

I force a smile and a fake laugh, resisting an eye roll. Whatever story he was telling it wasn't as interesting as his sister. I could listen to her talk all day.

"He's lying. He totally froze up," Y/N says, everyone laughing hard at this.

"Y/N!" His friend protests, his cheeks flushing bright red.

"She keeps you humble," I tell him with a laugh.

"Whatever," He groans. "Are you two gonna finish this game or not?"

"I'm not folding yet," Y/N says with a smirk. "Your move Splendor."

My cheeks flush slightly at her smirk, a smile coming to my lips as I toss the dice. We race each other around the board but I have the advantage. With multiple properties I come out on top, Y/N admitting defeat and grabbing a game of trouble. We get into teams of two, my heart racing when Y/N chooses to be on my team. She takes my hand when it's our turn and presses it down on the die bubble, laughing triumphantly when we get out of home. The game is intense as we all race around the board, Y/N cheering and hugging me when our team wins. I hold her a little longer than intended, holding my arms up in surrender when my friend glares at me. I sigh and watch her walk away. Dammit. I just wanted to be with her! I sigh and slump in my seat, everyone chatting among themselves.

I sit up when Y/N brings out food for everyone, all of us gathering in the living room for a movie. Everyone votes on a horror. Well, almost everyone. Me and Y/N wanted a romantic comedy but of course we got out voted. We all turn out the lights before gathering on the couches for the movie. My friend, Y/N's brother Alex, grabbing me so we could hang together. I look forlornly over at Y/N who is snuggling with her friend, the two of them chatting and giggling together. He wanted to do that. He wanted to hold her and share all their secrets. He wanted to be hers. The movie starts and I try to focus but my attention keeps going to Y/N who is whispering with her friend. What were they talking about? It seemed exciting as she couldn't stop smiling. He sighs softly and returns his attention to the movie, bored through the whole thing. We all disperse after it's over, the girls going to Y/N's room while all of us guys go to Alex's room.

"That movie was so boring. Never let the girls pick," Alex complains once the door is closed.

"Please, you were hiding behind your pillow," Jared snickers as he throws off his shirt.

"You screamed!" Alex fires back with a laugh.

"You were all scared. I've seen better horrors in my nightmares," Splendor laughs.

"Your nightmares are about not having enough sweets," Alex snickers.

"It's a horror!" I laugh. "What's the plan for the rest of the night?"

"Last one asleep gets to pick tomorrow's movie," Jared grins. "Plus they get dibs on these. Gotta wear it the whole day tomorrow."

We all laugh when he holds up an array of colored sharpies, the four of us settling in the room. We game and binge on junk food as we race to stay awake. I wind up triumphant and give everyone some nice looks with the sharpies. Nothing risqué, but childish enough to make everyone groan in the morning. I wake up some time in the middle of the night, yawning and pushing to my feet. I leave the room and head for the bathroom, pausing when I hear Y/N's voice singing. I smile as I listens to her love song, my eyes widening when she suddenly says my name. Did she.....? No, I was hearing things. There's no way she was singing about me. Still, I pause and listen, swearing I hears my name a few more times. I step back when the water shuts off, feigning innocence when Y/N opens the door.