Splendor x Fem! Reader

"Okay Splendor. You can do this. It's just a proposal to your future wife. How hard could it be?" He breathes to himself from in the car.

It had been six months and he was finally ready to pop the question! He gets out of the car and grabs the bouquet of pink roses he had gotten specially from Trender, taking one more look at the ring in its red velvet box. It was perfect. He climbs out of the car and heads towards the small diner he had asked her to greet him at, grunting when he accidentally runs into someone.

"My apologies! I wasn't-!" He trails off when he sees the young woman before him. "Oh! Here!"

"Th-Thank you," She says quietly as she accepts the twenty dollar bill he offers her.

Poor thing. He'd come find her again after this but he couldn't stand up his future bride! She heads in the opposite direction and he finally enters the diner. It was his favorite place and held special meaning to him. He'd raised the child that now ran this chain of diners all over the world! This was the first location Splendor had ever bought for him after all.

"Sweetie!" He chirps, grinning as he hands her the bouquet of two dozen roses.

"Ew, you're not doing that here," She spits in disgust when he gets down on one knee. "Splendor, you're serious? My friend just got proposed to on a trip to Portugal! Another in the Bahamas. This is just pathetic."

"But the place shouldn't matter! Not when we love each other!" He reasons, his voice trembling.

"My love should be worth more than some pathetic little diner," She snaps, slamming her hands on the table. "Ugh, you spoiled my appetite. Come to me when you do something worth my love."

Splendor watches helplessly as she storms out of the diner, hanging his head as people whisper to one another about what had just happened. He holds back the tears as he gets to his feet, leaving the diner with the engagement ring clutched in his hand. He grits his teeth when he spots the homeless girl again.

"Take it. It'll do you more good than me," He hisses, storming past his car and down the sidewalk.

"H-Hey! Wait!" He hears her shout, teleporting further down the sidewalk so she can't keep up with him.

Y/N watches in disbelief when the man seems to just get further and further every time she blinks. She looks at the small velvet box in her hand before grasping it in her fist. She heads to a large neighborhood and rummages through the garbage cans, grinning when she finds a phone book in the trash. Good, they still delivered these on time. She hurries out of the neighborhood and back to the alley where she stays. She lights the small lantern she had kept ever since she became homeless and begins looking through the phone book. She finally finds the add she was after where she had seen the creature who threw her the ring. She gets the address to his daycare and decides to head there so she can greet him in the morning.

Getting clean was going to be her first priority. She wasn't exactly keen on going to jail right now. She finds a gas station that lets her take a shower. She strips out of all her layers to her cleanest outfit. A pair of leggings and a tank top. Hopefully this would be enough. She heads back to her sleeping place to put all of her clothes back before beginning the twenty mile walk to the daycare. This would be the longest walk she's taken in quite a while. It's early morning when she finally makes it, her legs aching but she continues to push through.

"Hey! Hey you!" She calls when the creature comes to open the daycare doors. "You forgot something."

"Why'd you bring it back? I don't want it," He snaps with an angry growl.

"You're giving up on her just like that? Some girls need some extra extravagance when it comes to things like this. Just go all out," She fires back on him. "If you love her so much then fight!"