Non-Binary Mad Scientist Reader x Splendor

Splendor's Pov

"See! I told you everyone would have fun!" I chirp as all the creepy pastas laugh and enjoy the 'family' barbecue I had thrown for everyone.

"I had no doubt but must you really interrupt my work?" Slender grumbles softly, no bite in any of his words.

Good, he was enjoying himself despite the demeanor he was giving off. I look around at everyone having fun and laughing, eating the food I had made for everyone. It was a lot of work but I was glad it was being devoured at such a fast rate. Would I be needing to make more? I'll give it another hour and see what happened from there.

"Uncle Splendy!" Sally calls, waving to me with a smile. "Come play in the water!"

"One moment!" I call back, a familiar text tone catching my attention.

Y/N: WHERE ARE YOU?! NEED YOU ASAP!

Spelndor: Is it life or death?!

Y/N: .......Life I guess. PLEASE COME OVER?!

Splendor: I can't just leave my own barbecue!

Y/N: BUT I NEEEEEED YOU!!!!!! PLEASE!

Y/N: PRETTY PLEASE?!

Y/N: PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP?!

Y/N: I NEED AN ASSISTANT SO I DON'T MUTILATE MYSELF!

Splendor: Elaborate?

Y/N: I MAY HAVE FOUND THE ABILITY TO REGENERATE LIMBS!!!!! I'M GONNA DO IT ON MYSELF BUT I NEED HELP IN CASE IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!

"UM! Everyone have fun and don't worry about any mess! I'll take care of it later! I gotta run!" I announce after getting everyone's attention, leaving no room for questions as I'm already long gone by them. I appear in the lab my partner had built from scratch with a million different things that did who knows what, heading straight for the middle where Y/N likes to keep their desk. He chuckles when he finds them hard at work on something, gently clearing his throat to gain their attention.

"YOU CAME!!!!" They gasp with excitement, their long hair a complete knotted and tangled mess.

"How many times have I told you to keep your hair brushed?! How long has it been like this?" I demand as I hurry over and examine the mess.

"There's no time for that!" The explain, grabbing by hand and dragging me over to a work bench where a sickly green liquid is inside a cup. "OKAY! I'M GONNA CHOP OF MY HAND AND YOU'RE GONNA BE READY IN CASE THE SERUM DOESN'T WORK!"

"Alright, alright, as long as you're.......WHAT?!" I cry out in panic. "You can't do that!"

"I CAN!" They grin, letting me go and running to the other side of the table where they pick up a meat cleaver. "Here we go!"

"NO!" I cry, grabbing the cleaver and the gross looking liquid in the cup. "Absolutely not! You will it be mutilating yourself! How sure are you it'll work?!"

"About eighty-percent with a marginal twenty percent!" Y/N chirps. "Come on! Give it back!!!!"

"Y/N, as your partner I cannot possible allow it!" I tell them with a shake of my head. "It's not happening."

"YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH MY HAIR!" They declare, their eyes wide as they grin, leaning over the lab table.

I fight between my partner possibly losing a hand or forcing them to let me take care of them.

"Only if you promise to start brushing your hair twice a day. If you don't I won't help you anymore," I offer, the two of us facing off against each other.