Splendor x Calm Reader (Lemon)

Splendor knew he was different. He's known it ever since he was a child. He can kill but he's not a cold blooded thirsty killer by trade. He didn't kill unless a person deserved it and even then he had a hard time with it. He knew killing was wrong but when you grow up in a family of murderers AND have to eat humans for sustenance? Well, you could see the dilemma there. Now he was facing another one. His beloved was downright, amazing. Splendor loved them so much. They understood and cared for him but......he felt like he wasn't meant for them! His happy go lucky attitude never phased them but while he's happy to run around a playground they're more content to read a book in the shade. When he's hopping up and down for ice cream they're patiently making an order for the two of them to share.

Y/N was incredible. They were so patient and caring! Everything Splendor had ever dreamed of! It's just.....he didn't feel like the right partner to them. Y/N was content working and reading while he was loud and boisterous. Still, much to his surprise, they stepped out of their comfort zone for him. When he wanted to go to the indoor trampoline park they would gently set their book down, make sure he was dressed in comfortable clothes, and then they would go. While he was doing crazy tricks they were laughing and taking pictures and videos. He didn't find out until later but they knew a few tricks of their own! Still, Splendor had his doubts.

He hides behind a book shelf and peaks in on Slender and his beloved, watching as they laugh over a book together. It was in some old language only the two of them knew so they bonded easily. Splendor tightens his hands into fists as his eyes begin to tear up, wondering what the two were discussing. Probably the plot but he couldn't help but wonder. Y/N and Slender got along so well! Splendor felt like he wasn't good enough for them. Slender was a better fit. Maybe it was time? Y/N deserved to be with someone who made them happy and could get along with them in the same ways Slender did. Splendor just wasn't sure how to bring it up. He loved Y/N so much and the idea of losing them destroyed him. He didn't want to let them go!

"It's rude to stare," Their voice suddenly cuts through his thoughts, his eyes wide as he looks down at his beloved. "What are you doing? Thought you were having a tea party with Sally?"

"She.....wanted to know if you two would join?" He says, quickly hiding any sign of being upset as he smiles. "Sally said we could make your favorite."

"Bribing my reading partner?" Slender laughs as he closes his book. "I'll grab the tea."

"Are you alright?" Y/N asks Splendor once Slender is gone. Crap!

"Yep! We were talking about this cat on TikTok who helps her owner with her seizures. It was so sad and sweet!" He lies with a nervous laugh.

Y/N just stares at him silently, a sigh leaving them before they gently grab his cheeks. His cheeks blush bright red when they pull him in for a kiss, his eyes widening in surprise.

"I love you," They tell him before letting him go and heading to Sally's room.

Splendor sighs softly but follows, the four of them settling at the small table in Sally's room.

"Y/N! I found the best book!" Sally gasps as they drink their tea.

"Oh? Which one?" Y/N asks her with a chuckle.

"It's about this lady who's a maid and she falls for this rich prince!" She explains. "The king holds a ball and she goes but he's supposed to marry the princess. Well, the prince falls in love with the maid and has to challenge to be with her!"

"Oh? I'd love to give that one a read. Cinderella stories are my guilty pleasure," Y/N says with a laugh. "It's how me and your uncle met after all."

"Really?" She gasps. "How?!"