Offender x PTSD Male Reader

"Fire! Fire dammit!" Williams yells as he tries to unjam his rifle. "Fuck! I need cover!"

"I got you!" Y/N shouts, firing his weapon at the enemy. "We really need backup captain!"

"I'm trying but the signal is jammed!" Captain Marks shouts back. "Fuck! I can't get through!"

"They're closing in!" Williams shouts. "We're not gonna be able to hold them off!"

"I've got one last idea!" Y/N shouts, digging into his rucksack for the two grenades he kept on him. "Everyone fall back! I'll give us cover!"

"You can't do it by yourself!" Marks shouts.

"I got it Captain! Just get everyone to safety!" Y/N shouts. "I've got your backs!"

Captain Marks looks between Y/N and the advancing army, gritting his teeth but giving the orders to fall back. Y/N pulls the pin on the grenade and launches it before doing the same with the other one. The explosions trip up the advancing army and dust fills their sights, giving his team time to escape. He slings his bag onto his shoulders and he jumps out of the trench, following after the rest of his team. He shouts in pain and falls to the ground when a shot fires into his leg. He glances behind him to see the dirt clearing and quickly crawls to where his team was, caught between the firing of both armies. His team hauls him behind the barrier they were able to build up thanks to Y/N's cover, Captain Marks yelling in relief when he gets through on his radio.

"Nice move!" Williams shouts with a relieved laugh.

"You're fucking insane man!" Adams laughs. "How'd you know that would work?!"

"I didn't! One last ditch effort. Figured we either win or die trying!" Y/N laughs, everyone looking up when air support comes in, decimating the attacking army. "YEAH!"

Everyone cheers as the air support turns the tide and allows them to advance once more, managing to take the stronghold the enemy had been guarding. They manage to free all the hostages, Y/N and his team helping them free. They get the civilians to safety before setting up camp for the night, everyone cheering and celebrating the victory.

~~~~

"Y/N? Y/N!" Offender shouts, Y/N nearly jumping out of his skin.

"Huh? Y-Yeah?" Y/N asks, looking at his partner with wide eyes.

"You okay? I've been calling you for the past five minutes. The party is about to start," Offender says.

"I'm good," Y/N tells him with a smile. "We should get going. Don't want to be late."

Y/N sets down the brush that was in his hand and walks over to Offender, standing on his tiptoes to give him a kiss before he leaves the bathroom. Offender frowns in concern but follows after, knowing Y/N would talk to him about it if he needed to. Offender follows him out to the garden where a party for Splendor's birthday was getting started. Y/N mingles and laughs with everyone, Offender keeping a watchful eye on him. Still, Y/N gives no sign of his earlier zoning Offender relieved. He often had flashbacks but this one seemed to have been a good one at least.

"Time to blow out the candles!" Y/N chirps at everyone.

"Thank you all! This has been an amazing birthday!" Splendor laughs with delight.

Slender brings out the cake decorated in candles, everyone singing "Happy Birthday" for him before he blows out the candles. Everyone cheers while Jeff and Ben bring out confetti poppers, letting them loose. Offender freezes at this, quickly searching the crowd where Y/N had dived to the ground and covered his head. Offender curses and moves through the crowd, everyone backing up in surprise at Y/N's actions.