Slender x Infected Reader

"I'm going for a run!" Y/N calls out as she finishes slipping on her shoes.

"Be careful," Slender calls from the kitchen where he's making breakfast for everyone.

"I will!" Y/N smiles before she heads out and begins jogging a familiar path she always took for her morning runs.

She sighs with a happy smile as the woods fill her senses, taking her time as she just enjoys being surrounded by nature. After ten minutes she slows to a walk, pants leaving her as she works to breathe and get her heart rate under control. She looks around the place she was in, frowning when she sees a trail of blood. She grasps her weapon and slowly follows the trail, dead quiet despite the fall leaves covering the forest floor. She pauses when she hears some whines, relaxing and hurrying the rest of the way to the wounded animal.

"Hey there buddy," She coos as she gently walks towards the dog. "What happened to you?"

The dog whines and looks up at her with the saddest eyes she's ever seen. She kneels beside him and assesses his injuries, finding he had been beat pretty bad. She carefully feels along his body to check for bones, yelping when he suddenly snarls and bites her arm after she pressed on a tender spot.

"Sorry about that," She coos, gently petting the dog's head. "Nothing feels broken or out of place. Just a lot of bruising but you'll be fine. Promise not to bite me again? I need to carry you back to the mansion."

She earns a soft whine but the dog does relax enough for her to pick him up. She didn't want to jostle him too much so she more power walks back to the mansion. She hurries into the mansion and takes the dog to the infirmary where she places him on one of the beds. She's quick to call out for E.J. who wastes no time taking her call. He had no clue how to help animals but Y/N did and more than anything she just needed an extra set of hands. Usually Doctor Smiley would be there as well but he was currently abroad for a few cases so they didn't have him on hand.

"Thanks E.J.," Y/N tells him, already washed up and in a coat and gloves.

He's quick to do the same and Y/N gets to work once the dog is knocked out properly, E.J. lending his assistance when Y/N needs it. They wake the dog up when he's taken care of, placing him inside a bedded crate.

"Just a few bruised ribs and I fixed any internal bleeding so he's good to go. Now he just needs some rest," Y/N says, kneeling down and petting the dog after opening the crate door. "You were a very good boy. You'll be back to your old self in no time."

"Y/N! Your arm!" E.J. cries when she takes off her lab coat.

"Oh? Yeah, he bit me from the assessment," Y/N explains. "It's okay."

"You should still get it cleaned up," E.J. says. "Sit down and I'll take care of it."

"Of course," Y/N chuckles, sitting on one of the beds so E.J. can take care of her arm.

Once she's bandaged up she leaves, smiling when she runs into Slender.

"Everything alright?" He asks her.

"I found an injured dog and he bit me when I pressed too hard. Everything is fine now though," Y/N tells him.

"Excellent to hear," Slender says. "You should go get some rest. You look exhausted."

"Life saving surgery can take its toll," Y/N laughs. "But it's worth it. Goodnight."

Y/N heads to her room to retire for the evening, having no idea just how dramatically this dog would change her life forever.

~~~~

"Shit!" Y/N curses as she struggles to slam the kennel door shut, finally getting it and just narrowly avoiding being bitten.