Slender x Stolkhom Reader

~~Ten Years Ago~~

"Loser! Loser!" The teenagers taunt as they surround Y/N.

"You should just die! No one wants a pathetic orphan like you," One of the kids mocks, grabbing Y/N's pencils and snapping them in half.

"You suck at drawing! Just give up. It's pathetic," Another girl spits, managing to tear Y/N's notebook from their hold.

Still, Y/N remains quiet, their arms crossed as they stare blankly ahead of them. They had no reason to fight back, let alone not having the numbers to back themselves up even if they did fight back. There goes another paycheck. They huff and slump against their tree as the kids continue to jeer and taunt them, Y/N finally moving when they get physical. They easily catch the first foot flying at them and twist it, smirking when they hear the top of the bone. Not broken, just dislocated. They're unable to dodge all of the kicks or fists due to the numbers but they inflict pain on the limbs they do catch. Nothing gets broken, just twisted roughly or popped out of place. No lasting damage.

Y/N watches their message get across enough the other teenagers finally scurry or limp away. Y/N pushes to their feet and collects their destroyed art utensils, sighing softly as they shake their head. This was the one enjoyment they got out of life and it was constantly ridiculed and made fun of. They toss what they can't salvage into the trash and make their way up the steps to the orphanage. They'd be out of here soon enough, they just had to wait a few more weeks. The other kids always had it out for them and they never really understood why, so they had grown a spine since arriving. It was necessary if they wanted to survive.

They unlock their chest and stow away their drawing supplies, sighing and grabbing an old book before locking the chest and climbing onto the small seat beneath a windowsill. They open the book, the pages worn and tattered from how many times it had been red. This was the only thing they were left with. A book with stories about mythical beings from all over the world. When they were abandoned as a child this is what they were left with. The people who ran the orphanage have always accused them of being some demon but refused to touch the book in fear they'd be cursed or something like that. Y/N just kept it hoping it would tell them something about the people who abandoned them.

They freeze and look out the cloudy window when something catches the corner of their eye. Narrowing their eyes as they try to make out what they saw. It looked like some tall black figure in the trees.... They blink and it's gone in an instant, a frown coming to their lips. What in the world was that....? They must be seeing things. There was nothing real that could possibly be that tall. Maybe these stories were just getting to their head. Or they were finally going crazy like everyone accused of them. They'd be eighteen soon enough. Then they could do things on their own without being drug back to the orphanage.....

~~Present Day~~~

"Y/N!" Y/N!" A voice shouts, snapping them out of their things. "Jeez, what has you zoning out?"

"Sorry about that. Just remembering some things from when I was younger," They tell their coworker. "Is my break over?"

"You still have another ten minutes but I was wondering if you'd cover my shift tonight? I met this new guy and he invited me to a party. Wanted to make it and impress him," Their coworker explains. "Do you mind?"

"Sure James, I can do that," Y/N tells him with a smile.

"Really?! Oh that's great! Thank you so much!" He chirps with excitement. "I owe you one! Enjoy the last of your break. I've got things covered."