Splendor x Drider Reader

A/N: There's a picture a bit later but a Drider is a half human and half spider for those who don't know.

"Mommy! Mommy!" A young boy cries as he stumbles through the trees.

He remembered going to sleep in his nice warm bed but when he woke up he was in the middle of a forest and he didn't know how to leave. He sniffles as he stumbles through the trees, calling for his parents in hopes this was all just a bad dream. He yelps when he trips over a tree root, skinning his hands on the branches and rocks. He sits down and cries as he tries to wipe his hands off on his pants.

"Help me please!" He yells out, hiccuping.

Why was he here? Did his parents do this? Was he somehow kidnapped? He honestly didn't know. He just wanted to go back home. He wanted help and he didn't care from who at this point. He wipes at his eyes as he sniffles, feeling scared as the darkness seems to close around him. He felt like he was in a nightmare and he had no idea how to wake up.

"There there little one. What seems to be troubling you?" A gentle voice asks.

He looks up and his eyes widen at the site before him. A creature with their lower half looking like a spider and the upper half human stands before him. He's in shock but comes to find he's not afraid. After all, their voice was the gentlest voice he's ever heard.

"I'm l-lost," He sniffles, grunting when they pick him up

"I'm l-lost," He sniffles, grunting when they pick him up. "Can you help me get home?"

"I can get you out of the trees and then call for help but I cannot leave the forest. What is your name little one?" He asks them.

"My name is Alex. What's yours?" He asks them.

"I'm Y/N, it's very nice to meet you," They tell him with a smile. "Are your parents biological?"

"Huh?" Alex asks in confusion.

"Did your mom give birth to you?" Y/N asks.

"Oh! No, I'm adopted!" Alex declares. "But I don't think anyone likes me very much. Mom and dad ignore me a lot and my siblings don't really like me. They can be mean."

"I'm sorry young Alex. You deserve people who care deeply for you," Y/N tells him.

"No one else wants me. I think they only like me cause they get money," Alex mumbles.

"So you're fostered not adopted?" Y/N asks him.

"Oh! Yeah that one. I always forget. I've been with them a year so I thought they adopted me," Alex says. "It's what I tell everyone and it makes my parents happy! I wanna make them happy so they'll love me."

"You deserve better than them," Y/N says. "No child deserves to be used just for money and to show off."

"I'm getting older. I don't think anyone wants me," Alex mumbles softly.