chapter 7

A/n

okay who else thinks Al can pull off a low ponytail. In my opinion I think he can. Sorry if the art doesn't look good my red pencil died in making this monstrosity and my iPad died so I couldn't make it digitally. Now onto the story.

recap

'maybe my shadow is right, I do feel different around her. Anyways looks like we will be waiting a while before she gets home.' I say looking at the clock.

3rd pov

Al sat on the couch with his shadow both of them getting quiet impatient on waiting on Y/n to return. Al looked at the clock on the wall by the fireplace it was around 2:25 and she said she would be home around 2:30. Slouching in the couch he huffed through his nose as he did that Y/n was pulling up her drive way to her home. Al heard the sound of a car engine turning off and his ears perked up. running to the door his shadow quickly followed. Al watched as Y/n steeped out of the car and popping open the trunk to the car. Al steeped out side walking up behind her.

Leaning closer to her ear he purred "Hello petite biche.~"

The girl jumped and turned to see Alastor standing there with a smug smirk. Y/n grabbed her shirt over where her heart was. Her face turned as red as Alastor's hair when she noticed how close they where noses just centimeters apart.

"God, Al warn me next time you come up behind me." she said her face slowly turned to a large smile.

Y/n turned back around to begin grabbing groceries. Reaching out her hand grabbing a couple of bags she turned trying to walk to her house when she was cut off by Al's arm in front of her. Looking at him, he shook his had and moved his finger side to side in front of her face.

"What type of gentle many would I be if I made a lady carry in all the groceries." He snapping his fingers and all of the bags of groceries disappeared.

Y/n chuckled embarrassed rubbing the back of her neck "forgot you could do that, Hehe".

Walking inside Y/n went into the living room face planting on the couch from exhausted from shopping. While she was laying there she felt a cold metal feeling rub against her leg like how a cat would. Looking up to see what it was she saw a person but it was more like a humanoid shadow. Y/n sat up quickly screaming. The shadow noticed this and looked up at her. Alastor came running in the room fearing she had hurt herself. he had a worried look on his face, but his smile still remained. Looking at the couch he glared at his shadow who was now inching closer to your face. Y/n was frozen in place as the creature inched forward to her. It got to the point where their noses were almost touching. Y/n shut her eyes tightly preparing herself for some type of pain, but instead was met with a cold rubbing sensation on her nose. Opening her eyes she noticed the shadow was rubbing it's nose against yours. A smile graced her features as she looked at the shadow Infront of her. looking at it more she noticed how much it resembled Alastor the only thing is it's smile was more sinister and murderous. Reaching up towards it's ears she started scratching them like how she would for a pet. The shadow stopped rubbing it's face into yours and just looked at you. once you started scratching a certain spot behind it's ears he wrapped himself around your waist and began purring as it's head rested on your stomach. She giggled softly as the purring tickled her stomach. Looking up she saw Al standing at the door way with a glare at the shadow.

"what's wrong Al?" she asked him.

"Nothing dear and I apologize for my shadows actions I will get him off of you." He stared at the shadow until you spoke.

"Oh no it's fine he's actually quite cute." she hurriedly said looking down at the being that was now learnt that it was Alastor's shadow.

The shadow looked up at you and then at Alastor.

Al's pov

My shadow looked at me saying through my head like he always does "she's gives really good ear scratches"

I glared at my shadow and he looked back to Y/n leaning up he pressed his forehead to hers. Y/n's eyes widened in surprise at the sudden action. I knew what he was doing he was making a connection so that he could communicate to her.

Y/n's pov (A/n sorry for all the pov changes)

The shadow connected it's head to mine resting it there for a minute my eyes widened in surprise at the sudden action. I looked at the shadow smiling at me it backed away and then I heard a soft static. And then a voice.

"Hello Y/n"

The voice sounded like Al but very distorted and staticky. I looked around the room looking for the voice until I looked at the shadow.

"did you just talk to me." I asked it.

"I did" he said

I looked at it curiously because the whole time he spoke his mouth never moved. I reached up to his face poking it and moving it in different ways to see how the shadow was talking without moving it's lips. I continued to look over it until it spoke again.

"what are you doing?" it asked.

"I'm figuring out how your talking without your mouth moving" I answered

There was a dark chuckle and then the shadow responded " technically I'm not speaking physically like how others do I'm connecting my thoughts to yours"

When he told me that my eyes filled with curiosity on how he actually sounded. The shadow seemed to notice my curiosity and excitement because he nodded for me to continue and ask my question.

"Can I hear your real voice?" I asked excitedly.

"Hmm I don't know you might get a little scared by it" it spoke concerned for my well being. Making my heart swell with joy.

" don't worry I can take it" I spoke before giving him a eager smile.

The shadow seemed to think about his answer for a minute until agreeing to it.

Opening it's mouth to speak I leaned in excited to her him speak "T-This...i-i..is m-my normal....voice."

My smile widened at how cool his voice sounded. It was barely audible because of how distorted and Staticky it was.

"Your not scared" it spoke threw my head again.

I shook my head no "No I'm not scared in fact I think your real voice is actually pretty cool."

Looking over at Alastor I noticed he had a look in his eyes showing he was in his own world. standing up the shadow clung around my waist like a belt before looing up at me curiously. I looked down at him patting his head before walking over to Al. I tugged on his shirt to get his attention. It reminded me of how a child would get it's mothers attention. his gaze locked on me before I dragged him over to the couch.

"Would you like to watch a movie Al? you seem pretty stressed." I asked him.

"That would be lovely my petite biche." he said still looking at me.

My heart skipped a beat when he said "My" I know he has said it before but this time it felt more endearing than the others.

standing up I headed over to the movie cabinet to pick out a movie. I had a pretty good idea of what I was going to pick.

A/n

Chapter 7 done and done. stay safe and stay tuned my little water drops.