191:ran

JieMi struggled over the fly, stuffing his hard, aroused cock down into his jeans and pretended not to care that they remained in the room as he dressed. Idiot. He cursed in his head, biting his lips as his heart pounded in his chest. She wouldn't be looking, not at an asshole like him.

Still he turned his head, hoping to catch her gaze but the strange spark in his chest fizzled away when he saw her in Hikaru's arms. Her head tilted as she listened to Hikaru's soft words in Japanese as he combed his fingers through her hair. They were in their perfect little bubble, one JieMi could never hope to penetrate.

He whipped his head back to the wall, tears pricking at the back of his eyes. He was such a loser. He swallowed thickly, pleading for strength. He'd cried too much these days that crying had become so dreadfully easy. He was afraid that he might weep again in her presence but he managed somehow. He managed to pick up his camera and follow her to her room, managed to talk about homework and homework only. He managed to stay stiff and cold despite the mess in his heart.

Entering her room was much more painful than he expected it to be. With the memory of what he had seen fresh in his mind, he was filled with a strange feeling that he couldn't quite describe. The sheets were cleaned, he'd seen his brothers changing them that morning, and the room was aired, no longer sweet with the scent of her and musky with the scent of sex. But the sight of his best friends on the bed, rolling about, content and lazy made his heart squeeze.

Were they even best friends anymore? They seemed to hate him too.

"Sweetheart," Sieon called, dragging her down into the bed and into a kiss that made JieMi avert his eyes away. He couldn't bear to look, not with the older guy openly laying claim on her like that. He was doing it on purpose and JieMi knew that. His fist clenched; jaws tightened as his muscles flexed.

"We're doing homework Eon," she explained, stroking his hair with small hands.

Homework. The word sounded like an excuse to JieMi's ears. It was as if homework was the only reason he was here and—He bit his lips. Oh, what was he thinking? Homework, was the only reason he was here. Amber went to her wardrobe, kneeling down to pull at a shelf then turned to him with a painfully lacy bra in her hands, one that made his head spin and his body hot.

"Will this do?"

"Amber! Why are you showing him your underwear?" Sieon gasped, looking painfully stricken. "Not that one!" She licked her lips, looking at it up and down and poking her fingers at where her nipples should be. Her digits gave way, the pink of her flesh obvious through the mesh. She would look lovely in that pair, black lace and see-through fabric that would give him a teasing view of her hardened nipples—

"I guess, I should pick a swimsuit," she said sheepishly, folding it and placing it back into her collection.

"This is for your school, right? You might be displayed in the gallery?" Oliver hummed, frowning as he spoke.

"Yeah..."

"Then pick another one! Something for the public."

Oliver crouched beside her, searching through her wardrobe as if he knew it like the back of his hand. He did, of course he did, the others had worked on her room, packing her things when she had been in coma. If things were different, JieMi would have helped with the room too.

"This one!" Oliver raised a full piece that looked a little too much like a swimmer's outfit with its bright blue and lime green stripes and sleeves. It was hideous, but nothing she couldn't pull off. In JieMi's head, Amber could pull off anything but he couldn't say that to her. No, never.