136: Hers

Dread filled her as she stilled, watching him carefully. They were so close now that she could see his pores, see the dust of individual lashes, the gentle freckles on his cheeks. The little scar on the pout of his bottom lips. He was so close, so close that if she just leaned forward her lips would be on his.

She contemplated that move, wondering if it would be okay if she just kissed him once. She shook her head. What the hell Amber? She was definitely just a little stunned at his beauty and had probably lost a few brain cells at the sight of him. Her heart was pounding in her chest, wings fluttering against the lining of her stomach. She had never been this close to him before and so something flickered inside her in a good way at the sight of his beautiful face.

Then he whimpered, the soft mellifluous sound escaping his bubble lips in a soft croon. His lips trembling as he moaned, lips downturned. She freezes thinking she had been caught only to watch as he started to cry, tears dripping from his eyes as he hiccups softly to a nightmare.

The adorable sniffles were somehow impossibly cute, especially since his nose wrinkled each time he sniffed. Her eyes widened at the sight of her beautiful boy sobbing with her hands pressed to him.

"Don't go..." He cried softly in his sleep, his tongue drowsily forming the words. It flopped about, messily butchering the modern Korean to fill with dialect, but she understands it, somehow. "Don't, don't-Mm sorry. Sorry. " He sniffled, the sound cute despite how pitiful he looked.

She was struck by a sudden feeling of confusion and worry, her heart twisting at the sudden change. She had seen him angry and hateful, she had seen him defeated and mad with sorrow. She had seen him gaunt from the depression and sadness on his shoulders. She had never seen him...Vulnerable like this.

Weak. Innocent. Sad. Pitiful. She was not sure how to explain it but inside her, something melted. Hurt filling her with his tears.

She couldn't help herself, really.

Even if she was not sure if she'll forgive him for the words he said to her, that memory would not leave her mind for a long time. Still, her heart softens at the sight and she stretched the fingers that he held so close to himself and ran them across the plump softness of round cheeks, brushing away the warm tears.

He quietened down with her touch, his brow smoothing as he falls back into a more peaceful dream. Almost as if her touch had soothed him. She was left confused, her mind finally tackling the elephant in the room.

Where the hell was she and why the hell was he sleeping with her like this?

Her eyes flickered to her outfit as the drowsiness from sleep finally left her and her mind began to critically judge the situation.

She was dressed in a huge blue frock that feels oddly airy. The elastic band pressing against her middle told her that she was in long pants. She was not wearing a bra which was disorienting. Her girls hanging out like this with a boy so close to her felt kind of weird and she was definitely not wearing these clothes before she-

Her brows furrowed.

Did she collapse? She bit her lips. Amber really only remembers hot fire, icy cold and then white emptiness. She digs through her mind for information. Someone screaming? Crying? She was not sure, the pain then had been everything and then there was just nothing but dreams of falling and dying.

Her eyes flickered across whatever she could see in the room. Her head lifted just a little. Was she in a hospital? Her eyes moved to the hand that MinJae has to his lips, a large bandage was placed over the surface of her hand and she inspected it closely. The remains of an IV drip? Her expression twisted.

How long had she been asleep?

Then someone behind her moved.

She stifled a startled yelp as the skin of her open back was pulled into an expanse of hot flesh and velvety hard, rippling muscles.

She almost lets out a gasp when the person shamelessly hoisted her up to nestle his hard, throbbing cock against the crook of her ass, cuddling into her body. His arm reached to wrap across hers, but she was too distracted by the hardness pressing against her lower back to really care. The shape and bulge of it were obvious on her skin due to the lack of proper clothes. In fact, she's pretty sure he's only in boxers, whoever it was because she could even feel the curve of a mushroom head-

-He exhaled softly, nestling into her hair with his face and she forced herself to exhale and inhale at a steady pace just in case he notices.

He was warm, no, deliciously hot and her body almost shuddered with relief at his touch, her soul blossoming in his hold. The goosebumps that had popped over her skin were now forming for an entirely different reason aside from the cold.

He smelled absolutely amazing as well. The scent was strongly masculine and somehow aromatic like pine and tea leaves. She would have been content to just gulp down his scent like this. The mixture of it with MinJae's own sweetness was beautiful in a different way.

She was content to just snuggling into his heat and enjoying the way she was wrapped in his warmth. Maybe even contemplate over the size of his cock which was pretty interesting to feel on one's ass. She was generally always so intrigued by penises, especially after having had a taste of her own a few times.

But he continued with his damn attacks on her 'sleeping person'.

She almost squealed when his hands slipped into the opening of her clothes from the side, his warm arm pressed against her ribs. His fingers drifted, dancing over her exposed collar bone before moving down to her-Her eyes snapped open. He wasn't going to touch her breast directly, was he? That fucking perverted soulmate-

She would have turned to slap him if not for the fact that something bursts open at his touch.

His fingers were rubbed lightly against the valley of her breast where her chest dipped at the centre, his thumb rubbing slow gentle circles. It was sensitive at first, her chest jolted forward from the feeling, her hardening nipples brushing against the fabric of the weird frock and sending a rush of hot heat in her belly.

But he's being specific, rubbing that spot with his thumb, his other large fingers pressed to her upper rib, carefully avoiding her breasts. The repeated circles calmed her nerves down and his touch on that particular spot does something to her mind and soul. The trickle of warmth that dances through her from MinJae's touch transformed into a waterfall of gold that overflowed and spilled.

It was nice.

Too damn fucking nice.

It was even better than sinking into a hot spring after a hard day at work in the cold, even better than snuggling into the heated comforters on a freezing night. It was even better than having a soulmate cuddle with her and she was not sure why or how.

It was warm, comforting and almost soothing. It calmed her down, healing the throb of pain that had robbed her breath previously from thoughts of her soulmate's actions. Her soul practically turned from disgusted and recoiling to purring and humming under his touch. It was as if he had unlocked a conduit and he was linking their souls together completely.

His with hers.