138:Without You

The sudden peace made the room scarily quiet as Amber tried to digest the new information. The soft hum of the air conditioner was the only other ambient sound in the room aside from the gentle exhales from her soulmate.

MinJae was not going to the interview? Why? How? Were they going to make an excuse that he was sick? She contemplated opening her eyes, but decided to wait it out a little. She sunk into the bed, waiting for MinJae to sleep.

He carefully shifted over to hold her just as Sieon had, moving over her body. His arms were quick to wrap around her middle as he took her hand into his. He was smaller than Sieon but still just as nice and snug, his body large enough to engulf her body.

He was definitely much more gentlemanly, purposely shoving his hips away from her ass as much as he could and not making a move to slip his hands down her shirt back to that spot. Although she knows he contemplated it, judging from the ghost of his fingers on the slit at her back.

He did, however, press his bare chest to her naked back and the dizzying sweetness of his natural scent that engulfed her was almost too much to bear. She would have actually fallen asleep from the warmth. If not for the fact that when he finally caved, drifting into his dream world, His hips twisted to press his hot hard-on against her barely covered slit.

She moved, her eyes snapping open, twisting carefully out of his hold to finally sit up in the bed.

She was in a hospital room. The bed stand with its frames meant for easy pushing and transportation and the familiar tray that facilitated eating in bed was an obvious sign.

It was an awfully luxurious room, with a hotel-like quality to the wooden designs and clean lighting. There was a huge television plastered to a wooden wall at the furthest end, the dark screen gently illuminated by a clean stretch of warm light.

She spotted a couple of sofa beds in the huge room, angled such that her bed could be seen from there. A writing desk, a fridge and even a damn coffee machine. They had definitely splurged on her well being.

There were other awkward additions, like the bean bags on the floor and a bolster or two. A bag or two on the floor. She flushed at the sight of the rumpled blankets on the sofa bed.

Did they all camp out here with her? Exchange duties to sleep with her?

She pressed a hand to her chest, rubbing the spot where her breast dips. According to Sieon, the doctor told them to do this? Her brows furrowed. Was there something wrong with her soul? How long had she slept?

So many questions left unanswered.

Her eyes drifted to her sleeping angel. Their hands remained laced together although he remained in deep sleep. His chest rising and falling with each gentle breath as his eyes fluttered from dreams.

She should escape while she still can, probably pee too. The thought sends a rush of need through her as she shifts uneasily. She desperately needed to pee.

Her eyes drifted to the elastic band that tied her to MinJae. Without a second thought, she was fiddling with it. There had got to be a way for her to remove it. Right? She gently felt around for buttons or clasps.

They were meticulously hidden within the crevices of the soft rubbery band, probably to prevent the band from being removed by accident.

Amber had to pick at it for a while before she reached the very last one, her fingers deftly pushing the buttons out from the elastic. She finally pried the last one out and the pressure around her wrist loosened. She slid out of his hold, only to watch as the band beeped loudly in the quiet of the room and MinJae's eyes snapped open.

For that very brief second, her eyes were met with those of her tormentor. The eyes that were once the colour of the darkest of nights were now alight by the soft glow of the sun. The shards of light flickering in those pretty gold orbs. His eyes dilated as he stared at her, dark brown consuming the expanse of gold, like the moon covering the sun in a solar eclipse.

The edges of his eyes shimmered flickering softly like viscous honey in the light, the shadow of thick lashes drifting over those beautiful orbs. He was shocked, his mouth opened and the pretty dollops of his lips parting to form an 'o'. His pretty hair was a mess of soft curls on his head.

Then her hands left his and Amber only knows pain.

Her chest exploded, the crevice between her breasts a white-hot fire. Her sight vanished for a second, consumed by white. Something within her bubbled and frothed threatening to escape and spill. Her soul? She didn't know and she didn't know what the hell was going on as her body clamped down, twisting and spasming in her pain.

In the fire, MinJae reacted almost immediately, taking her hand again but it didn't work anymore, even if it did lessen the pain just a little.

He was climbing over her with a swoop of his legs, pulling her wrists up to pin her to the bed. He reached forward, ripping her frock open without a care in the world, the cheap fabric giving way under his touch. She was too shocked and much too in pain to even protest when he bared her breast without a second thought. Then he was leaning in, his lips pressed to that one spot at the very centre of her chest and the fire dissipated.

Her sight returned in a burst of clarity as she stared wide-eyed at the man pressed against her. She was panting, the scream lodged within her throat as she stared at the beautiful male kissing the valley between her breasts. Her chest was heaving with each breath, her nipples tightening from the sudden cold. Then she noticed exactly what he was kissing.

There was a crack of gold at the very centre of her chest. It was not really an actual crevice per se, more like a painting on her skin. There was a spider web of golden lines that spread out from the centre of her chest, they spun and interlinked, covering her breasts and spreading all the way to her collarbone akin to the cracks from a gunshot on glass. The lines flickered over her skin, dancing in an ethereal manner under the light of the morning sun.

She watched transfixed as he continued pressing smooth gentle kisses to that hole between her breasts. His lips moulded to the skin and then the gold cracks flickered, pulsating softly before they began to retract. Really, really retract. It was as if time were moving backwards because they were piecing themselves together and moving back into the centre of her heart. That gold shard at the centre of her chest did not vanish, no matter how long he kisses it. But still she watched as he continued with his ministrations, gently nipping the skin with his lips.

He was beautiful like this. His hair dusting over his forehead in a messy flop, his eyelashes fanning over his cheeks as he worked on her skin. His naked upper body rippled with muscles as he continued to press her to the bed, his hands gripping her wrists so tightly that it hurts. The position was almost sexual and she couldn't help it when her heart fluttered at the sight.

Then he sat up abruptly. He pulled her up in one quick jerk and she was left in sitting position as he knelt above her with her legs between his. He didn't look at her, just continues to tie the elastic back snapping the buttons in place with a deft sort of speed. His fingers moving so quickly that she was a little impressed considering how long she took to pick them out with one hand. He was angry and she could tell, panicky as he worked and she just stared at him, wide-eyed.

What the hell?

When he finally snapped the last button in place and tested the strength, he relaxed the tension disappearing from his body. He looked at her, his eyes flickering with his emotions and she watched as he opened his mouth to speak. The gold liquid had stained his lips just a little. "Never. Never do that again." He repeated angrily. "Never." He shot a frustrated glower at her, his brows furrowing. His eyes flickered red and glistened with unshed tears. "You could die!"

What was going on?

He pulled her into a hug. His arms were wrapped around her frame, holding her close as he breathed, each exhale was a laborious one filled with his emotions. She blinked, confused and in shock when he whispered in her ear. "Please don't leave me. Don't leave me again."

I will die without you.