242:free

'It was always her choice.' Amber gently pulled him up to brush the tears from his eyes, kissing them away with a gentle touch. 'And it isn't your duty to fix her, nor was it your fault that she changed. You might feel bad for her because you think she doesn't deserve it, because you think that what you experienced isn't worth the criminal case. But trust me, the punishment will be fair, she will get only what she deserves and nothing more.'

'I'm j-just a stupid fucking idiot—'

'No, you're not baby, what the fuck?' She'd chided him softly.

'What kind of fucking idiot let's his abuser get away for years? What kind of fucking idiot tries to throw away true love?'

'You're not an idiot, you're just sweet, and kind.'

'T-that's just a round about way of saying I'm dumb and I love everything and anyone. And—'

She pulled him up then, pressing her hands to his cheeks and forcing him to look at her straight in the eye. Their gazes had met, brown to brown. And she'd focussed on the dark pupils that quivered and shook as they roamed over her face. The action pulled him from the depths of his sinking swamp, a violent staunch of the self-depreciating tears that spilled from beautiful fluttery dewy eyes.

'Baby, I love that about you, okay?' She stroked his cheeks. 'I love that you're so damn afraid of killing ants even if they're getting in your food. I love that you hesitate for so long when you see mosquitoes sucking your blood. I love that you're always thinking twice before judging what you see on the news. You are kind, and I love that so much about you okay?'

He blinked and more tears spilled from watery depths.

'And it might feel like a weakness to you right now, but to me, it's your biggest strength.' His lips quirked at her words and she pushed on. 'It's like Ezra and his damn honesty. He won't hesitate to tell me my ass looks fucking fat in my new jeans. But he'll follow up by slapping it and telling me he likes the way it jiggles because it makes his cock hard.'

That elicited a smile from his lips, one that quelled the fear churning in her heart.

'I like it too,' JieMi mumbled a grin peeking through. 'I like it when we have sex and you have tummy rolls. It's pretty and soft, and jiggly—'

'Okay, okay,' she chuckled, embarrassment clouding her heart but she knew he was only saying it because he meant it. 'We're a little off topic here. But you get it.' He was quiet as he stared at her, their eyes drowning in each other's souls.

'Yeah.'

'And it's okay for you to still love her. It's okay for you to feel empathy. That's because you're a good person, okay JieMi?' She hugged him then. 'Y-you're a good person.' Her voice had cracked, pain laced between the seams. 'You are a good person, and you deserve to be happier.'

Please, feel the truth in my words. Please feel the warmth of my soul. Even if they aren't the warmest or the safest, I need you. She'd chanted in her head as her lips quivered. I need you to stay with me, because I'm willing to do whatever it takes to melt the ice that froze your soul.

A small amount of glee flickered through her body when Ha-Eun entered the room, pale, gaunt and grey. She hadn't been careful with her words and physical evidence was against her despite her heavily pregnant state. The articles had danced between a biasness for Ha-Eun and for JieMi, the livestream, while an obvious hit to their own stardom was a nail to Ha-Eun's sinking coffin.

And the villainess knew that, having attempted to fabricate more evidence of her innocence. Things like showing up at a public event with makeup on her face of JieMi's 'abuse' on her, things like paying people to testify for her. Things like buying comments that supported her cause, citing female-based movements and posts of female domestic abuse. Things like photoshopped images and fake text messages, deep fake videos and edited soundtracks.