169:deny

"Her Soul Tear is healing very well," Dr Eugeum exclaimed, looking awfully pleased. The smile on his face was the sort of smile one would see on the face of a farmer with a particularly good harvest that year. The sort of grin a proud father would have. "It is nice to see that two of the soul bonds have stabilized. This is very good! " He tapped the monitor, pointing to two lines that had sky rocketed drastically.

A tiny little jump in numbers would have been acceptable, an expected increase that could be lumped to medication and better rest. Amber could deal with that tiny little increase. But the enormous spike displayed was too big to be normal. The kind of data that made Amber want to burrow her head under the sheets and never resurface again.

It embarrassed the hell out of her because everyone in the room knew exactly how that had happened. They knew exactly why the steadily increasing line had done a sudden exponential spike. Everyone, including the doctor. She swallowed nervously, inhaling sharply at the memory that danced in her mind for the hundredth time that day.

There had been no clothes in the bathroom aside from the dirty ones strewn all over the floor. And the only towel big enough to conceal their nudity was wrapped around Amber's shoulders. Ezra eventually decided to step out of the room to grab some clothes, because—in his words—Hikaru was too much of a chicken to step out half naked.

A skimpy towel had been clad on his sexy hips, beads of water dripping down his pale, dewy skin. The tiny cloth was barely enough to conceal the tip of his hanging cock or his bare ass, let alone the obvious glow of his newly formed soul bond. Amber had not seen what had transpired outside of the door but she definitely heard their voices. The soft murmurs and surprised gasps at the sight of Ezra's newly formed soul bond.

Her heart beat had quickened, pounding in her chest at the knowledge that they were awake. Awake enough to notice that Ezra was shining like a beauty model under the damn spotlight, like the moon in the night sky, like a firefly in her forest. She was pretty sure Ezra had spent a full minute out there parading about for the boys before returning to her aid, a smug grin on his pretty pink lips.

They hadn't exactly been the most discreet with their rendezvous, Amber winced at the thought. In fact she was pretty sure that her men had been moaning wantonly in the tub. Ezra had been spitting dirty talk to her without any consideration for the sleeping men outside. And Hikaru had been groaning with the vigour and enthusiasm of a female porn star.

Not that Amber was complaining, their sounds had definitely turned her on. And she liked to hear them groan, it was evidence of the effect she had on them. It was a boost to her ego and pride, and it made her clit tingle and pulsate in response. It aroused her. It made her heart flutter pathetically in her chest, it made her head dizzy with lust. She liked their voice, naturally she loved their moans.

Still, walking out of the bathroom clad in nothing but Ezra's oversized shirt and a lacy pair of underwear—one that was not her own—had been like walking into a wolves' den. The room might have been dark, and they may have remained at their sleeping spots. But she knew they were all awake. She knew because they had made soft sounds of surprise at the sight of Hikaru's own flashy Midas Touch soul bond. And the soft whispers of envious words in their dialect was hard to miss.

MinJae had scooped her into his arms, roughly tearing her away from Ezra with the violence of a five year old and his favourite toy. He cuddled her to sleep, but she had felt his raging hard on pressed purposefully tight against her ass. Waking up the next morning to the sight of Sieon and MinJae peering at her with twin smirks of mischief almost sent her running. They had yet to grill her about it but she was sure they would the moment the doctor stepped out of the room.