300: chapter 6 pt 7

Another foot entered, and a giggle erupted, stifled by a quick nervous hand from another. It was a team that descended through the veils. A group that didn't sport the professional suit of staff. A duo that inched and crept like unwanted trespassers.

They moved swiftly, phones out like swords brandished upon the enemy. Then they slammed it tight to their bodies, nervous as they tried and failed to pretend that they weren't trying to take a photo. But before Amber could stop them, they had pictures of Hikaru stored in their phones. Hikaru, with his huddled form, scooped into the seat and sleeping peacefully, his arms wrapped around a soft toy that brought him the substituted comfort of another.

Hikaru's defenceless fucking body stored in their data for their perverted usage.

Privacy was a luxury that they could not have.

She moved quickly, horrifying desperate when one of the two leaned forward, lips puckered, frantic for a kiss. Her limbs seized when understanding flashed sharp in her mind like a sword to her guts. Time seemed to stretch further as her body only grew slower, as she stumbled towards them, filled with a concoction of terror and disbelief.

As the fan's disgusting head moved towards sexual harassment, dipped towards the taint of their rank poisoned breath over her Hikaru's lips. Their hands stretched for a touch that she knew wouldn't be anything polite. Amber's vision grew tunnelled as her heart pounded with a desperation to stop them. They couldn't kiss him just like that. How the fuck could they do that? Why the fuck were they here?

But a hand nudged her aside, and Casper ambled forward, rubbing sleep from his eyes as he moved quickly to the other aisle. He was faster, limbs longer, steps stretched and confident. She heard him whisper words as he sandwiched himself by Hikaru's side, dominance asserted with crossed arms. A hand propped against the armrest. He would stop them if they touched Hikaru, his posture promised that. He would body slam them if they tried anything more.

The tension vanished from her frame, her body relaxing quickly.

"Sorry, Hikaru's asleep..." She heard him say in the softest, sweetest, customer service voice. "You'll have to go." She shivered and watched as they started to scream with glee, but a shush from Casper had them whimpering, wide-eyed but begging to listen. And then he began his sweet talk, a smile on his lips beaming as if everything were fine and they were friends.

The disgust wedged itself thick and slimy in her throat. Shock had her stumbling back. How close they were...How close they were to violating Hikaru's privacy. How close they were to becoming strangers groping his cock, strangers stealing kisses from his lips, strangers who could and would hurt him if provoked.

Her skin felt too tight on her bones when metaphorical ice dripped down her spine.

"This is normal," Ezra's voice startled her, and his dark, intuitive eyes met hers with sharp understanding. She inched into Casper's seat, turning to listen to him. Finding solace in someone who'd seen what had transpired, an ally in a plane of sleeping victims and wandering wolves. "With bigger planes, they struggle because they have to search for us without getting caught. It's easier when the plane is small."

She needed a moment to think as she settled into the seat, reclined and stared at her soulmate. He was a literal beacon of light in her moment of panic, his skin radiating softly as he stared at her. Too sleepy to offer adoration and comfort until he was sure she needed it.

"This plane is small?" she gasped out, the topic a distraction to her racing thoughts.

"Small enough, or maybe, they were lucky." He shrugged as if it were no big deal. "They come for us when it's late and we're asleep. It's easier when security is asleep." He paused, judged her for a moment for a reaction before continuing. "No, when everyone is asleep." There was toughened iron in his eyes, iron that told her he'd been on the receiving end more than once.