225:scrub

*

JieMi

Life fucking sucked, but JieMi was at his happiest.

He was so damn fucking happy that he was sure that if he had wings, he could fly. And God, did it feel good to love his girl without the stab of guilt and regret in his chest. It felt good to just look at her and simmer into an oily, sticky pot of affection and need. It felt good to look at her and just- just- accept it all. His heart, that melted for her, his head that went fuzzy for her, and his cock that went hard for her.

It felt good to call her his in his head instead of denying it every other second. It felt good to be able to stand with his brothers and snuggle into that bubble of warmth without feeling like a piece of shit trying to siphon off whatever extra love she could give. It felt good to be part of the family again, and not a parasitic lump in their body of love. And his chest felt lighter than it had ever been before; the tension that had once tied him down into a tight ball of struggling feelings had disappeared completely.

And he loved it when he came home with the guys, shrugged off his jacket and untied his laces to their hearty laughter and boisterous chatter. He loved it when he stood, cold and confused to the sight of Amber standing before him. He'd been startled at first, jumping just a little but enough to slam his head into a low pillar and groan out loud from the pain. His best friends had laughed so hard they had doubled over.

His Amber had given him the most beautiful smile he'd ever seen in the world, the kind that lit up his insides like fire to petroleum. Not before fretting over the forming bump on his head, small hands rubbing at the bruise, and panicking as she ran to get ice.

Welcome home JieMi, she'd said later when they deemed that his head was alright, and he was seated with a plate of her best dinner, sweet and salty marmite chicken on rice. He'd stared at her, wide eyed and frozen in his seat, Bambi in headlights. Then a hot blush had flooded his system, starting from his head to spread over his pale skin, his cheeks radiating with heat. The guys had laughed and teased, and Amber had shoved them then, feigning anger as she threatened them with dessert.

And at night as he laid in her bed with Amber who was snuggled against his side— a privilege he received because of how fucked up his soul was. His heart would feel so full that he would start to cry, sniffling softly in the darkness, unable to bear all the emotions that churned in his chest. It was just so damn surreal that life could change like this and he could finally get what he wanted the most in his life. It was just so damn strange that just days ago it had hurt to even breathe, that just days ago oxygen felt like ice to his body, and he'd struggled to take each breath.

And it was all because he'd been too scared to die

She would rouse despite how quiet he could be, despite how much he tried not to wake her. She didn't have to wake up for him. Her eyes would sleepily search for his face in the darkness, cupping his face and shushing him softly, and then she would kiss his cheeks, his eyelids and then his lips. Her arms wrapping around his body and holding him so close, that he would shake and break.

Don't leave me, he would whisper and she would smile, pressing her forehead to his, nose to nose. And her eyes would be so bright in the darkness, gold like their soul; skin glittering with traces of Hikaru's bond and shimmering with Ezra's; hair twisted with tiny lilacs. A goddess that possessed his soul. An angel from the heavens. His saviour, his gentle, kind hero.

I won't leave you for anything in the world.

Life was good in his peaceful bubble, one that he desperately hated to break. One that he wished he could stay in forever. And at night when the heat would rise, his heart would pound and his need would skyrocket, his cock twitching in his pants, he was allowed to join in the fun. No, he became part of the fun. JieMi was no longer an outsider, watching from the door, listening from his room. He was participant and family.