spook one ;; ☾

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"hey, did you know? this school has seven mysteries. if you learn the truth behind all seven of them...
something will happen, or so they say.

you cautiously made your way up the stairs, clutching your skirt tightly in your fists.

...you don't know any of them?
okay, i'll tell you just this one.
the most famous story.
no. 7 of the seven mysteries-
hanako san of the toilet.

in the third stall from the end of the girl's bathroom on the third floor of the old building,   
you'll find hanako san.

you opened the door to the girls bathroom, gulping and walking towards the third stall. the red doors gleamed in the warm sunlight.

she will grant one wish to anyone who summons her spirit.
but.
in exchange, that person will have to give up something precious. to summon the ghost, knock three times, and then..."

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

you raised your fist and knocked against the red wood, one, twice, three times. the surface was warm against your knuckles, though a bit splintery. you swallowed again, before opening your mouth.

"hana-agh." your words came out raspy, and you had to clear your throat. "hanako san, hanako san, are you there?"

you closed your eyes, gripping your skirt tightly in your fists. a couple silent seconds, and then...

creeeeeak!

your eyes snapped open as the door in front of you slowly opened. you took a step back, hands shaking.

"yesss! i'm! heeere!" you jumped as a voice rang out in an eerie whisper, a hand creeping out of the shadows of the stall and opening the door wider. you closed your eyes tight as the stall continued to open, and when the noise stopped you peeked open one eye nervously.

the stall was empty. no ghost, no traces of supernatural presence, nothing but... a toilet.

"that... was a waste of my time." you mumbled to yourself, releasing your uniform from your death grip. as you smoothed out the wrinkles in the cream colored skirt, you felt a presence behind you. the hair on the back of your neck rose, and something cold touched your shoulder.

"over here." the voice said in a whisper, sending chills up your spine. you let out a light scream, spinning to push whoever it was away, but...

your hands phased right through the pale figure.