spook fifty two ;; ☾

a/n : shijima mei is a big homosexual. no i won't take criticism.

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

you remembered hearing a rumor- before all of this fake world stupidity happened- about a girl who haunted the art room.

kids walking between classes would lean close to one another and whisper the story of shijima san, like how they would any other school rumor.

"she was really good at drawing pictures, that shijima san, but her family didn't want her to go into the arts..." they'd tell their friends in hushed tones, a childish attempt to frighten the other. "so rather than stop drawing altogether... she killed herself. and now, her spirit still haunts the art room."

you couldn't imagine becoming nothing more than a sad story.

"it really is... just so stupid." you heard shijima san mutter from her place beside you. you tore your gaze away from the sleeping girl, sparing a glance at the supernatural as she took a staggering step forward. "fiction is so worthless."

you furrowed your brow, reaching towards the brunette hesitantly. "um... what are you doing?"

"what am i doing? i'm making my wish come true, that's all. i only have one wish." she stated plainly, striding towards the fluttering curtains. "and it's to kill... shijima mei."

shijima san slid the dagger she had previously offered you out of her sleeve, coming to a stop at the side of the bed and slowly raising it above the girl. her fingers twitched around the handle, and you quickly darted forward as she plunged the blade down.

"hey, wait- stop it!" you spat, tackling her to the floor mere seconds before the knife reached the unconscious girl. "are you insane?! you can't just kill someone!"

you reached for the dagger, but shijima san yanked her arm away with a huff of annoyance.

"excuse me... would you please stay out of my way?" she insisted, her voice strained as she tried to wriggle out of your grasp. "this is none of your-"

"don't make me break your damn arm!" you hissed, barely noticing the rustle of bedsheets beside you and shijima san

there was a soft clicking noise, barely audible above the school mystery's struggles to get away. you raised your head just in time to see the shadowy figures from the hallway flooding into the room, lips drawn back to reveal wide smiles.