spook seventy one ;; ☾

a/n : thank you so so much for 40k reads!

i really never expected this fic would reach more than just a few people, which is why i'm asking kindly that you please be nice in the comments (i delete all of the mean ones anyway so there's no point in doing it!!) and understand that i am not a professional writer in the slightest. i'm a silly lil gal who wanted to cross writing a wattpad fanfic off her bucket list lmao. that's all.

that being said KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING‼️‼️ i love seeing your guyses reactions to stuff. i know this chapter isn't the best nor is it proofread but . i just wanted to get past it the next ones will be great i promise.

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆☁︎

"so... what do we do now?"

akane stared out across the border between life and death, barely registering aoi was speaking. he turned to her after a few moments, hoarsely responding.

"you're awake."

"...yeah." aoi took a seat beside her friend, fiddling with her fingers. "i'm sorry, akane kun. i was so- so stupid, and i got us trapped in this terrible place. not to mention, i hurt y/n chan, and you..."

"don't say that." akane mumbled back, muffled through his hand. "ao chan, that stupid slimy supernatural messed with your head. it's not your fault- they're inhuman. it's just how they are."

the purple haired girl nodded absentmindedly in response, staring at the waves lapping at her feet.

"how do we get out of here?"

akane glanced at her, exhaustion evident in his gaze. as much as he wanted to sound sure in front of his friend, he couldn't bring himself to lie. "i... don't know."

as if sent by the universe to punctuate his sentence, the sound of a doorknob jiggling cut through the tension in the air. the two hesitantly turned to the source of the noise- the end of a box car, rusted railings and all. then it swung open, revealing their saviors; a short cream haired girl and a princely exorcist.

"aoi!!"

the purple haired girl's eyes welled with tears at the cry of her best friend, and she pushed herself to shaky legs. "nene chan!!"

nene met aoi halfway, embracing her tightly and burying her face in the girl's neck. aoi clung to her right back, trembling. akane turned to face teru, his face scrunched up in confusion.