spook thirty six ;; ☾

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"such nice weather, isn't it, 'iko chan?" you asked the diluted calico beside you, sliding open the window of your room with a smile as silver light poured in. a warm breeze drifted through your room, bringing with it the scent of summer. "you'll catch any bugs that come in, won't you, good luck girl? i trust you."

you scratched the cat behind her ears, sprawling out on your bed and closing your eyes with a content sigh as she took her spot curled next to you.

"just me, you, our nice songs and the moon." you mumbled to yourself, reaching for your phone and turning up the volume. you stretched your arms up towards the window, curling your fingers as though you could pull the shining orb from the sky. "isn't she pretty?"

'but... no matter how nice it is right now, i can't stop thinking about the hell of mirrors. spouting pleasantries can't get my mind off of it.'

it had been only three days since school mystery no. 3 kicked you out of his new boundary. you grateful you and your friends had made it out unharmed, but...

"mitsuba..." you murmured, scratching sachiko's head with a sigh.

mitsuba was the ghost boy you became closer to in no. 3's boundary. he was cute, but also a brat- you'd spent so much of your time blaming your bad luck for his death when you didn't even know the kid.

'thankfully, i don't really feel that way anymore.' you told yourself, pushing down the twinge of guilt still forcing its way into your chest.

mitsuba had tried to protect you, but then tsukasa came along. he turned mitsuba into a school mystery after somehow beating the previous no. 3 in its own boundary.

"i hope he'll be okay hanging out with that kid- but i feel like tsukasa's more dangerous than he appears." you told your cat, burying your face into the soft white comforter on your bed. "and... kou. after he told us about being friends with mitsuba's ghost, i'm certain that he's worried too. i wonder if that's why he was upset when i went to visit him that one time."

you shut your eyes and relaxed your limbs. a melancholy love song was playing softly in the background, its lyrics muffled by the fabric of your duvet.

"i wonder when my mom will get home... at least i finished all my chores and homework."

'i know she has to work hard, but it'd still
be nice if she wrote me to let me know.' you scoffed at the thought, turning the volume up on your phone again.