spook thirty two ;; ☾

a/n : chapter is dedicated to sufferingfries7, not for any reason in particular besides the fact that they were one of my first consistent commenters 🙏 tysm sufferingfries

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"die, you stupid mirrors! i hate you!" you spat, slamming your fist down on the center of the glass once more. instead of cracks appearing like you had hoped, you only got more bruises forming on your sore knuckles.

'these mirrors feel indestructible!'

"isn't this the most lovely mirror, cursed little girl?" your reflection purred. "it can see eeeeeeverything you're afraid of!"

"stop it already—!!" you hissed, punching the glass in front of you again. you staggered before falling to your knees, digging your nails into your cheeks as tears slipped out of your eyes. "just... hngh... stop it..."

the laughter echoing from the mirrors suddenly ceased, and you felt a cold palm on your shoulder.

"y-you're making a fool of yourself." mitsuba stammered. you turned to look at him with glistening eyes, wiping at the tears on your face. "so... enough already!"

he stepped in front of you, legs trembling the slightest bit as he stared down your reflection. she glared back at mitsuba with disdain before closing her eyes and vanishing.

"h..." your mouth felt dry, and you glanced back at the mirror. "...huh? where'd it go?"

"...it's been like that ever since i came here." mitsuba mumbled. "it won't reflect anything for me. is it because i'm a ghost? or... maybe it's because i don't have any memories..."

"...no memories?"

he nodded solemnly. "i... i don't remember about when i was alive... or how i died."

he shrugged and glanced at you as you pushed yourself to your feet, guilt starting to swirl in your stomach again.

"not like that stuff matters, since i'm dead."

"i'm sorry, mitsuba kun..." you trailed off as he turned to face you, hardening his gaze.

"...so? how are we supposed to get out of this hell of jinxes?"

"it's called the hell of mirrors! and to get out... we just need to find the yorishiro, and i'll take it from there." you told him, looking around for where it might be. mirror you appeared in the glass one more, adorning a sinister smile. you turned to face her. "fuck off."