spook thirty four ;; ☾

a/n : remember to vote, and enjoy the chapter :3<! i hope it's written alright- i'm fumbling trying to describe mitsuba's scarf arm things. it's not like the wiki's any help either </3 ugh.

thanks for sticking with me through it all <3

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"...mitsuba?" kou breathed, stumbling towards the pink haired boy. "you... how..? i mean, i thought... you were gone for good."

mitsuba flinched as the little exorcist moved towards him, grinning with teary eyes.

"mitsuba..!" the blond boy cried out, reaching towards his friend. "you're okay? you're not hurt or anything, are you!?"

kou grabbed mitsuba's wrists, pulling his hands to his face to inspect them for any injuries. he tipped his head at the new talon-like hand mitsuba had, furrowing his brows in concern.

"hmm? why is your hand like that..? what's wrong?" kou gazed at the pink haired boy worriedly, eyes flicking up and down the bloodied boy. black feathers speckled his normally pure pink hair, and there was a faraway look in his eyes. "...what happened to you..?"

"uh..." mitsuba stared back at the blond boy, as though unsure how to answer his question. hanako kun narrowed his eyes, staring at the birdlike skeleton crumpled beside mitsuba's body.

"is that...? don't tell me-- no. 3...?" the amber eyed boy muttered in disbelief, before snapping his head up to look at kou. "kid! get back!!"

"huh?" the little exorcist looked over his shoulder at hanako, loosening his grip on mitsuba's wrists. suddenly, something dark swiped at kou threateningly, sending him rocketing backwards. "woah!?"

he hopped away from mitsuba, reaching out for his staff and brandishing it in front of himself protectively.

"wh- where did that come... from...?" kou trailed off as he stared at mitsuba, his gaze traveling up to the massive limbs erupting from his scarf like giant arms. they were black, looking like an amalgamation of bones and eyes. the bony limbs curled protectively around the pink haired boy, as though trying to scare off anyone who dare step foot near him.

"no, no...!" mitsuba whimpered weakly in protest, shaking like a leaf. he gazed up at the blond haired boy, tears streaming down his pale cheeks. "i'm s-scared... help me..."

as mitsuba cried out, the exoskeleton-esque arm loomed above kou menacingly. the little exorcist could only stare on in alarm as it darted towards him, the grip on his weapon faltering.

hanako kun swiftly jumped in front of the blond boy, holding up his blade to block the attack.

"wow, he's pretty quick." the seventh mystery said, his cloak fluttering behind him. he swung out his knife, slicing through the appendages with ease and watching pieces of bones and eyes fall to the floor. he landed besides kou with a grunt, looking down at the boy. "you okay, kid!?"