spook twenty six ;; ☾

a/n : i love mirai

apologies for any mistakes!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"we need to stop mirai, school mystery no. 1's clock keeper who governs the future from doing more damage than she's already done." hanako kun said with a smile, holding out his hand towards akane kun. "we all want to catch her... so let's team up for this one."

akane kun was silent for a couple seconds before sighing, taking the ghost's hand in a firm handshake. "fine. even if i do detest murderers."

and so... it wasn't the friendliest of arrangements, but the group of kids who hung out in the bathroom and the weird guy joined forces once more! you stopped by the nurses's office to ask nene to join the four of you, but she insisted on watching over aoi.

"she's still asleep- so i'll make sure mirai doesn't mess with her." the cream haired girl vowed, pulling the blanket over aoi. she turned to face you, holding out one of her hands. "good luck, n/n chan!"

you clapped your palm against hers with a determined nod. "thank you, nene. i'll be back before you know it."

with that the four of you made your way to the student council room to think up a plan.

"so... how do we catch her?" you asked, stretching your arms across the table and plucking one of the mokke away from the candy bag lying in the center.

"hmm..." kou put his hand on his chin, lost in thought, before perking up. "ah, i got it! why don't you use your power to freeze her?"

"it won't work..." akane kun said dejectedly. "mirai is immune to my time freeze, and you saw how ridiculously fast she is. if we just give her free rein for a while, she might get it out of her system and come back on her own, but..."

"in the meantime, all our friends..." you finished, petting the mokke between the ears.

"and can we really put everyone back to normal?" the blond boy next to you furrowed his brows as he spoke.

"don't worry about that... the rotten old man will work that out." akane kun reassured, waving his hand dismissively. "but if we let her run free, there's a small possibility that she'll get past yashiro san and do something to ao chan. when i think of what could happen to her, i... i'm not sure i can maintain my sanity."

the ginger haired boy slammed the glass cup in his hands onto the table, and it shattered in his grasp. you and kou scooted away from the boy, eyes wide, before you swallowed nervously.