spook nineteen ;; ☾

a/n : coughs into my handkerchief and pulls it away to reveal blood; it spells out "mitsuba kinnie" and i subtly place it in my pocket.

i know this chapter doesn't rlly have y/n in it but i hope you'll read it anyways!! and if not then that's ok!!!!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"...it's starting to rain." mitsuba murmured, holding his arm out. the water only phased through his transparent hand, and he sighed. "let's go inside."

the boys made their way into the school, silent. as they were walking up the stairs, mitsuba opened his mouth hesitantly.

"i... was bullied when i was in middle school." he started, looking at the camera in his hands. "for looking like a girl, being sassy... stupid reasons like that."

"oh, yeah..." kou nodded, earning a glare from the pink haired boy.

"would you not agree, please?" mitsuba said coldly.

"s-sorry..."

"anyway... that's why i wanted to try to make things work out in middle school. i'd take the hint— i'd be nice so mo one would call me sassy. i'd be friendly— but not too pushy— with everyone." he continued. "and this is where it got me. a boring guy who barely stands out from the background. nobody bullied me... but i couldn't make any friends either."

'...that explains it.' kou thought to himself. they stood just outside the balcony of the stairs overlooking the schoolyard. the rain had stopped at this point, the clouds starting to clear from the sky.

"he's sassy."

mitsuba's head snapped up to look at kou with wide eyes. "huh?"

"looks like a girl. sarcastic. selfish. had an annoying voice." the little exorcist listed on his fingers, ignoring mitsuba's protests. "obsessed with his camera. goes emo sometimes, and is only fake nice."

"what's your deal!?" shouted the apparition, his cheeks as pink as his hair.

"if anybody asks me 'what kind of a guy is mitsuba sousuke?'... that's what i'm gonna tell 'em." the blond boy nodded, determined.

"wha..?" mitsuba had looked like he was fighting back tears at kou's harsh words, but his face was slowly softening.

"i'm sorry... for not realizing it was you." kou confessed softly. "i just didn't recognize you because you were so different from when we met in first year."