spook forty three ;; ☾

a/n : the urge to post abt the potential ending is overwhelming but i'm not gonna do it!! because i'm GOOD at not spoiling stuff and maybe i won't even get the chance to use that ending!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

y/n's pov————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

y/n's pov
————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"we had a hell of a time trying to catch you." you scowled down at the tied up mitsuba, who mirrored your expression as he scoffed. "we're not gonna let you get away again."

"yeah." kou cut in. "time to stop fighting us, mitsuba. you and hanako are acting like real students."

"we saw two people fall apart..." nene added in a soft voice.

"and then you say this world is fake!" you leaned forward with narrowed eyes, nose only an inch away from mitsuba's. "you're going to tell us what you meant by that. or i'll beat it out of you."

"i don't know anything!" mitsuba huffed. "i don't talk to girls with chuunibyo syndrome."

"so you want to die."

"wait, wait!" nene yelped, hopping in front of you as you reached towards the bratty pink haired boy. "please, let's just be a bit civil!"

with those words she turned to the boy, gazing down at him with uncertainty.

"listen, mitsuba kun. if you know anything, you need to tell us." the cream haired girl insisted. "please."

he wrinkled his nose, opening his mouth as though he were about to protest once more, but stopped. the pink haired boy's gaze flicked to kou, who's face was painted with a mix of concern and anger. finally, mitsuba sighed.

"well, it's not like i know everything, but..." he stole another quick glance at kou before looking back at nene. "...do you guys really... hate this world that much...?"

"well, duh!" kou spat. "people are literally falling apart!"

"...uh huh. is that it?" mitsuba turned to gaze at you, looking doubtful. you furrowed your brows, staring at the floor.

"'is that it?'...?!" the blond boy shouted, bristling with anger.

nene placed a hand on his shoulder with a sigh. "calm down, calm down..."

"...okay." mitsuba finally said. "i get it. if you hate this place that much... then you need to go in there."

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎