spook fifty three ;; ☾

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

shijima mei never knew who it was that started that rumor of hers. she couldn't make out their face, could only swing her legs off the side of the desk and listen as students around her gossiped about the eerie picture hung up in their class.

"hey, did you know...?"

the brunette fisted a handful of her skirt fabric, swallowing as the students in the classroom pointed at the painting- her painting- and whispered to each other.

"i heard the girl who drew this died before she graduated." one student hissed.

"no way!"

"i had no idea!"

"the poor thing..."

shijima san was used to hearing pitiful murmurs from the halls of the hospital, and didn't quite fancy the idea of listening to these students try to mimic them. she pushed herself to her feet with a low sigh, moving to sit by the window.

"wait..."

she paused.

"...how did she die?"

the students fell silent, glancing between each other with wide eyes before spouting off theories.

"was she sick?"

"maybe it was an accident- y'know, she fell or something."

"or a murder!"

shijima san resisted the urge to roll her eyes, fighting back the annoyance starting to flicker in her chest. she didn't need to listen to this, didn't want to. she moved towards the window again. she'd been so cold recently; maybe the sunlight would warm her up.

"or maybe... it was suicide."

any hopes of the eternal chill inside her going away immediately dissipated at those words, staggering to a halt as the students around her chimed in.

"whoa, that makes sense!"

"i mean, a lot of artists are mentally ill."

"it was probably because her parents didn't want her to go into art or something."

"so she killed herself?"