spook sixteen ;; ☾

a/n : y'all i am NOT proud of this one- just get past this chapter i promise the rest of the book is gonna be really good once u get past this one bad chap pls </3

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"ah-ha! surprised?" a boy identical to hanako kun emerged from the smoke with a sinister grin, hands behind his back in an almost innocent manner. there was a black patch on his right cheek that looked just like hanako's seal. "i have a really good assistant too. they helped me make it here."

you tightened your grip on hanako kun's arm as the other boy continued speaking with a honeyed tone. the seventh mystery quivered beneath your touch, stiff with fear.

"so, amane— are you... happy to see me?"

"ah..."

you heard the amber eyed boy whimper as the stranger moved closer to hanako kun, caressing the boy's cheek, and that's when you finally summoned the courage to push your friend behind you.

"fuck off before i break your hand!"

jumping in front of hanako kun, you lashed out at the identical boy with your sharp nails, spitting harsh words. you gave him an identical cut to the one on your cheek, his skin seeming to tear like paper at your attack. more rips appeared in his body, and he stared at you from under his hat. his gaze was threatening, an unfriendly smile on his face.

"wow... you're pretty good." he said emptily, before the smoke started to swirl again.

in one swift movement, the boy had grabbed onto your forearms and pulled you close to his face. you yanked yourself away immediately, disgusted at the rotting smell emitting from him. he fixed his amber gaze on yours, narrowing his eyes.

"see you later."

with those words he vanished in a wisp of smoke, leaving shreds of burning paper in his wake. after a couple silent heartbeats, you turned to look at the apparition behind you. he was trembling, and you realized you were as well.

"...hanako kun." you murmured as the supernatural stood shakily, swaying on his feet and stumbling towards you. "are you alright?"

at his silence, you tried again.

"be honest with me, please... is he... the person you killed...?"

hanako kun grabbed your wrists, an unreadable expression on his face, and shoved you to the floor- hard. you gasped in pain as the back of your head smacked against the cement, struggling to focus your gaze on the boy looming over you. wet droplets landed on your cheeks, and you realized something.