spook sixty six ;; ☾

a/n : sorry it's late! i think i'll be finished with this fic by february, god willing?? we're coming to a close. i think only 10 or so more chapters?? it should be smooth sailing from here so hopefully i'll write the chapters faster.

sorry for the kinda short chapter- and good luck on exams for those of you taking them!!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆☁︎

as sumire held her hair back your pupils shrank, gaze landing on a particular black patch adorning her neck.

'no way...'

"sumire san..." you murmured, taking a staggering step back. "just what exactly are you...?!"

you squinted your eyes to get a clearer view; sure enough, the seal on her neck looked just like what you usually saw on a yorishiro. immediately questions flooded your head, and you blinked up at the dark haired girl in confusion.

'sumire san seems human though, isn't she...? a yorishiro is something most beloved to a school mystery.' you mused to yourself. 'if that's the case, then no. 6–'

"hehe... yes. i am exactly what you think; the sixth school mystery's yorishiro."

you were broke out of your thoughts as sumire giggled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she strode towards you. you bristled, moving away before your back hit the wall. sumire came to a halt in front of you, eyes alight with mischief.

"did i startle you? poor lost kitty, don't be frightened." she reached out and patted your head, pursing her lips. "hmm... you are the current kannagi, i presume? you have the power to destroy the yorishiro... and, in turn, destroy me."

you swallowed thickly as she leaned forward, a sweet smile gracing her features. she raised her hand to her neck, brushing her ghostly pale fingers across the seal with a hum.

"i don't mind. if that is what you want to do, y/n, you are free to pull this seal off of me."

"h-huh?!" you spluttered, watching as she turned away. "but- don't you know? that if i pull it off..."

"i'm fully aware of the consequences- which is why i must ask you to wait just one day."

you stared after her with a furrowed brow, tipping your head. "one day?"

"i told you, didn't i? tomorrow is my wedding... so please, keep it our secret. until tomorrow, promise that you won't tell gon that i am the yorishiro." sumire turned, smiling sadly at you. "because tomorrow is a very important day."