spook five ;; ☾

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

no. 2 of the seven mysteries- the misaki stairs. they lure students to the netherworld and tear their bodies into thousands, if not tens of thousands, of pieces... yours and nene's best friend aoi was in there somewhere, and you both were determined to get her out.

"this is the netherworld." hanako kun explained. "the missing students should be here somewhere... although, i can't guarantee their well-being."

"it... really is another world." you thought aloud, glancing at your surroundings. the floor had a layer of salty scented water over it. various items filled the boundary, from candles to bookcases to-

"dolls!" you startled at nene's gasp. making your way to where she stood, you observed the items she was looking at.

"jeez, they look creepy." you shuddered, then looked down. you jumped at your reflection. "gah! i look creepy!"

black cat ears poked out of your h/c hair, and patches of black fur littered your face and collarbones. your pupils were slits, e/c eyes narrowed as you stared at yourself. you bent closer to the water and splashed some of it on your face, shivering at the cold.

"hanako kun, why didn't you tell me i looked like this!?" you hissed, washing away the fur poking out of your arms. he let out an amused laugh.

"wasn't my fault, i wasn't looking at you! what, do you want me to stare at you all day?" he snickered. "besides, can't look any worse than a daikon."

"hey!" nene spat. "i swear, i just want to..." she trailed off and clenched her hands into fists, murderous intent in her eyes.

"no, but i want somebody to tell me when i look like an experiment gone wrong!" you stood, shaking yourself off. "and shut up, zip it! stop saying that about the radishes and everything!"

your group continued walking up the stairs, kou and nene trailing behind slightly to look at the different things surrounding them. you kept close to hanako kun, only a couple steps behind him.

"hanako!" minamoto kun suddenly shouted. "there's nothing here! i thought something was gonna tear us apart."

"they wouldn't do it right away." hanako kun put his finger on his cheek. "where's the fun if you end it before it even starts? whittling away at you.... ever... so... slowly... that's the fun part!"

"y-you're sick." nene and minamoto kun stuttered out simultaneously.

"better get used to it." you sighed, biting at your thumbnail.