spook three ;; ☾

a/n : ugh. i'm so gay for nene.

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

it was the monday after you had hung out with aoi and nene. your school day had gone smoothly, and instead of cleaning the bathrooms hanako kun suggested sitting on the roof and enjoying the warmth of the sun. you brought tea, something to eat, and entertainment (fruits basket manga volumes one through five), while he provided the blanket you both sat on (which looked more like a tablecloth, but his supplies were probably limited so you decided not to make any comment on it).

"ahhh~!" you sighed dreamily- albeit dramatized (to be funny)- as you came upon the scene where kyo first meets tohru. "i don't suppose a dreamy catboy would fall from the sky..."

"y/n..." hanako kun placed his hands on his crossed legs, eyes concerned. you noticed fur poking from the back of your hand as you flipped the page.

"come on, i'm not really- could you pass me the water? -serious. i know the difference between fantasy and reality. but i am a supernatural's assistant." you said in a wistful tone, splashing some of the water on the curse. "i can't help it if i end up hoping for a special encounter that leads to a special romance- besides, now with my bad luck mostly out of the way, maybe others will take a romantic liking to me."

"special?"

"yeah, like in this movie nene, aoi and i watched on saturday." you clutched the manga to your chest, cheeks flushing. "a lovely heroine- me, if you couldn't tell- is taken captive by an evil spirit. before her very eyes, a beautiful young man falls from the sky. in a brilliant show of power, he vanquishes the evil spirit, and eventually he and the girl fall in love and live happily every after."

"um, he's vanquishing me." hanako deadpanned. "no dangerous ideologies."

"don't worry- i wouldn't want you actually exorcised, you're my friend." you said, flipping to the next page in the manga. he grabbed the book from you. "hey-!"

"you don't need those delusions, y/n." hanako kun grabbed your face with one hand, gently turning your head to face him. he squeezed your cheeks gently, grinning. "you have me."

your heart thudded against your ribs from the close proximity. "hmnmn—"

"that's far enough!!"

you looked up just in time to see a familiar looking boy launch himself from the roof atop the hutch leading inside the school. he fell from the sky, landing with a huff.

"i finally found you, vile fiend!!"

"a boy falling from the sky. huh. maybe he's here for me. prepare to be vanquished, perv." you said to hanako kun, grabbing back your manga and placing it neatly out of harms way.