spook twenty nine ;; ☾

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"aaaaaaand in we go." you groaned, reaching out to slide open the door to the home ec room.

you are the brave l/n y/n, dutifully searching for that stupid ghost who can't seem to stay in one place- and who you're starting to think has been avoiding you on purpose. tsuchigomori directed you towards the home ec room, so outside the door you stood.

"let's hope he's in here." you told the fox perched atop your shoulder, chewing on your ear. "and please stop chomping me."

"no."

"okay."

you flung open the door, poking your head in the pristine white room with a hum.

"ohhhh ha-na-ko~!" you called in a singsong voice as yako jumped off of your shoulder. "stop sulking! come talk to me, i have to show you something!"

you narrowed your eyes as you noticed something out of place in the empty room.

"who left the fridge open? the meat's gonna go bad." you huffed, making your way around the counters. you stopped in my tracks as two different hisses sounded simultaneously. "...yako? was that you?"

"this thing you dragged into our school is trying to get at the chicken!" yako spat, her fur bristling as she stared down a shadowy black figure. the figure hissed, pawing at the bag of meat in front of it.

"tsukikage?" you crouched down, narrowing your eyes at the two small creatures on edge before you. "what are you doing here? it's a really nice day out, shouldn't you be on the roof?"

the black cat demon opened his mouth, but all that came out was a soft mew. clearing his throat in embarrassment, tsukikage glared up at you.

"demons get hungry too." he muttered. "if i can't have meat, maybe i'll settle for your blood."

"don't try to sound intimidating." you scolded, reaching down and picking the smoky cat up. "geez, you're acting more and more like a normal cat every time i see you- i almost forget that you were a feared demon in hell. did i fuck you up by allowing you to stay up here?"

"...i'm just trying to enjoy my existence more." he mumbled, awkwardness evident in his tone. "and it's not like i can turn back to my more convenient form, anyways."

'that's right- the rumor i spread for him says he's just a black cat; but it's weird that a demon has to follow a stupid school's rules.' you thought as he leapt out of yor arms. 'maybe he just likes being in that form.'