spook forty six ;; ☾

a/n : remember to vote!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

a short pink haired boy gazed out the window of the hallway, trying to ignore the tension spiking from the exorcist behind him.

"look! a shooting star!" mitsuba chirped, glancing over his shoulder at kou. "it's starting! the shower is supposed to last an hour or two... how many do you think we'll get to see?"

the blond boy stayed silent, his eyes narrowed as he glared down at the girly student. clearing his throat, mitsuba tried again.

"l-look, minamoto kun... shooting stars..." the boy mumbled, turning back to the window as his cheeks flushed pink. "see...? haha... they're really pretty..."

still, he got nothing from the intimidating exorcist. mitsuba swallowed nervously as a calloused hand gripped the back of his uniform.

"hey... could you maybe get your hands off me already...?" he asked in a meek voice, chuckling dryly. "a-at least look at the stars, haha..."

"no!" kou finally responded, tightening his grasp on the blue fabric. "i'm not here for stars- i'm here for you!"

"...for me?" mitsuba plastered a disgusted look on his face, shuffling away from his friend with a shudder. "is this a confession? sorry, but maybe if you lose the lame ass earring..."

"wha- no!" the little exorcist snapped, holding a hand up to his ear defensively. "...we did what you said. we went to the tower and we met the school mystery, and... she said..."

kou fixed his uncertain gaze on mitsuba, his blue eyes conflicted.

"...if i want to go back to my world, i have to kill you."

mitsuba let out a low hum, a scornful look crossing his face. "...uh huh."

"mitsuba... did you know?" the blond boy asked softly. "did you know what she would say when you sent us there?"

it was now the pink haired student's turn to be quiet. after a few heartbeats he sighed, the noise long and drawn out.

"the longer you stay in this world, the more real memories you lose... so i was hoping you would go to the tower, use your a bunch of time there, and then by the time you got back... your memories would be gone."

the boy sounded bitter, his eyes dark with disappointment as he gazed at his blond friend.

"...it's a shame."