spook fourteen ;; ☾

a/n : please remember to vote!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

y/n's pov————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

y/n's pov
————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"...sensei. i want you to know..." the choppy haired boy sounded hesitant, before perking up with a smile. "i have a lunar rock!"

"huh?" tsuchigomori looked confused, tipping his head. yugi nodded.

"it came one night when i think i was about
four. it fell from the sky, right in front of me." the younger boy rummaged around in his pocket, letting out an "aha!" and pulling out a dusty brownish rock. "this is it!"

he held out the rock to his teacher, who leaned in to get a better look. after a moment's silence, yugi glanced up at tsuchigomori.

"would you believe me if i said it was real?"

"...no."

"ah ha-! thought not!" yugi giggled at his response, holding the rock a little closer to his chest. "but we believe it's real. that's why... no matter what anyone says, this is a lunar rock!"

with a dash of excitement, the dark haired boy was at the chalkboard. he scribbled a couple drawings onto it, smiling the whole time.

"sensei, how far do you think the moon is from the earth?" he asked, scratching a line from a poorly drawn earth to a slightly better drawn moon. "it's more than 380,000 kilometers away! and that's how far this baby traveled to get here from the moon!"

he held up the rock proudly, beaming.

"isn't that incredible?! even a pebble like this... can go that far." yugi held the rock to his cheek, glancing at his teacher over his shoulder with a smile. "it's my prized possession."

he waited expectantly for his teacher to respond, and after a moment's hesitance tsuchigomori sighed.

"...we're not talking about the moon, yugi. we're talking about y—"

"hey, look at that!"

"listen to me!"

"sensei!" yugi ran towards the window of the classroom, gazing through the open panes. "the moon's already out!"

the boy's teacher sighed again at the bandages unraveling from yugi's wrist. he turned to open the first aid kit, retrieving another roll of bandages to fix his arm.