spook forty ;; ☾

a/n : haHA! were you expecting a mitsuba chapter to follow the manga? i mean- i was when i first started writing this fic but whatever. warning for a minor character being a dick and blood.

enjoy the chapter, please leave a vote (and go vote on previous chapters if you haven't already, you scoundrels!!!)

hope it's written well enough!!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"hnnnn..."

you wiped away drool as you blinked open your eyes to the familiar plain ceiling of your room. yawning, you stretched your arms above your head. the beginnings of sunlight beamed through your window.

"what... time is it...?" you mumbled, blearily checking your phone. the numbers were blurry, but you could faintly make out a 6- way too early. "if i go back to sleep now... i won't be able to wake up in time to get ready... but i don't care, fuck school, and the government, and everybody else or something."

you groaned, turning and burying your face in your pillow. suddenly, you felt a soft weight on your shoulder, followed by a quiet meow.

"mrrow?"

"sachiko... go away..." you murmured, nuzzling deeper into your covers. "i was having a good dream..."

you snapped your eyes open again as you felt a cold nose touch your cheek. you turned to stare at the diluted calico, who was wiggling the stump of her tail gleefully.

"i hate you. i'm gonna put you in some soup and eat you, you glutton."

"prrr!"

you yawned once more, pushing yourself into a sitting position and rubbing your eyes. "alright, i'm up. little brat."

you couldn't resist your cat; she was the only other family you really had. you scooped her into your arms, sliding out of bed and padding to your door. after stumbling into the hall, you made your way to the kitchen, dropping sachiko onto the tile floor and turning on your music app; since your mom wouldn't be home until later, you could be as loud as you wanted without worrying about bothering her.

"alright, you beast. what's for breakfast? a bagel? the souls of the innocent? two bagels?" at sachiko's silence, you huffed. "like the vine- whatever, you're just dumb. learn to speak human."

sachiko meowed, tipping her head, before rubbing against your shins. you rolled your eyes, starting on making breakfast.

"...i think today's gonna be a good day."

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

the day passed with ease- right up until lunchtime. you, aoi, and nene had pushed your desks together and spread your lunches across the surface.