spook forty seven ;; ☾

a/n : mitsuba and kou in these manga chapters like jesus christ can they GET A ROOM god damn

anyways i have a scene i REALLY can't wait to write out in what will be like- chapter 70 something of this fic. i can't wait.

also, in this fic?? chapter 71 won't exist. it's gonna be different events. i think i've already said that but i. can't write that scene. it would kill me.

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"this world is fake! you know you'll never find true happiness here!!"

kou gazed at mitsuba, who's face was painted with a look of shock as he held his hand to his chest.

"wha..." the pink haired boy furrowed his brows, frowning. "what is your problem? you don't want to be friends with me, minamoto kun?"

"that's-!" kou opened his mouth to respond, but the school mystery immediately cut him off.

"but didn't we have fun together?! we went to class together... we cleaned the pool with everybody... so why...!?" mitsuba spoke with a tremor in his voice, disbelief evident in his eyes. "you want this too, don't you...? you couldn't save your friend. you want him back! i know you'd be so happy to see mitsuba alive again, wouldn't you!?"

kou felt his heart twist at mitsuba's words, guilt bubbling up in his stomach once more. realization crossed the apparition's face.

"oh. i get it." he murmured emptily. "it's because... i'm a fake. i'm not who you want."

the little exorcist flicked his gaze up to the disappointed boy, sighing softly.

"...you're right."

mitsuba snapped his head up, tears welling in his eyes as kou continued.

"i did think... that if mitsuba were alive in this world, then it wouldn't be so bad." kou's eyes glistened, and he rapidly blinked as he shook his head. "i would have been so happy."

"then...!"

"but it's not true. it's all fake; this world- and you, trying to be mitsuba." the blond boy tightened his grip on his staff, narrowing his eyes. "i don't want any fake happiness. you? be mitsuba? ha... give me a break. being in this stupid world must've made you come up with those stupid ideas."

kou swung his staff behind him, spinning it before thrusting it forward and pointing it at the pink haired boy. electricity crackled from the pointed tips, lighting up the dark hallway. he grinned, staring up at mitsuba with determination.