spook four ;; ☾

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

a couple days ago, hanako kun asked you... "so you can get along with even a murderer, huh, y/n?"

his gaze was as intense as his voice. at the time, he seemed kind of... angry? no, it wasn't that: it wasn't like that at all.

"so what...?" you murmured to yourself.

"y/n chan!" a sweet voice snapped you out of your thoughts. "are you listening?"

"gah-!" you jumped. aoi and nene gazed at you, concerned. you held out the box with the slow waterers for the plants in it. "i'm sorry, i got a little distracted."

"you're always staring out into space, n/n chan, but you've always been this way i suppose." aoi shook her head, a gentle smile on her face.

"but maybe..? y/n, do you have a crush?!" nene squealed, clapping her hands.

you flushed, cheeks noticeably darker. "n-no! i wish that was the problem..."

they both frowned, exchanging a glance. then nene perked up with a grin.

"oh! i know!" nene whispered in aoi's ear, and the purple haired girl nodded.

"n/n chan, i'm sure you've heard this one?" aoi proceeded to tell you about no. 2 of the seven mysteries- the misaki stairs. you knew this story, but the way aoi lowered her voice and rasped out her words made it all the more terrifying. you shivered as she told the tale of being torn into pieces by the world of the dead.

"so stay away from stairway b in front of the art room." nene added playfully. "lots of kids say they've seen pools of bloooood~!" riiiing! "ah, that's my mom- hold on." she took the call and stepped to the side.

"oh boy..." you whispered, evidently nervous at what nene said about the bloody stairs.

"what's wrong, y/n chan? we thought you liked these stories." aoi worried.

"no, don't worry, i love them!" you insisted.

'it's just that... all these stories about the school rumors have been true so far, and i don't want to have to stay longer after school dealing with mopping up other student's blood!'

"good! i'm not exactly a fan of scary stories, but i'll tell as many as you want if it'll help you feel better, n/n chan." aoi smiled sweetly, and you felt yourself swell with appreciation.

"oh... thank you."

"i have to go home, now." nene returned to you and aoi, shuffling her legs. "you all ready to leave?"

"yeah, but i left my bag in the bathroom- you can go ahead with out me." nene nodded at your response, playing with her long hair.

"hey!" a teacher called from the door. "akane san, i think you're forgetting something. today at four thirty in the art room. you, me, guidance counseling."