spook fifty four ;; ☾

a/n : uhm hello! it's my birthday in like 2 hours!! i'll go "girlie don't you think it's time you grow out of fanfic you've been into it since you were like 11" and i'll go haha, nonsense! and then i'll watch moonkitti like the child i am

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

mei's eyes widened at shijima san, gaze flicking between the dagger and the girl before opening her mouth to speak.

"you... are my drawing..?" she whispered, confusion lacing her tone before it took on a sense of fear. "...am i going to die?"

shijima san was silent, staring at her creator before ducking her head.

"...i know your pain. your anxiety. your fear." she started. "i was there... through all those sleepless nights. through it all, you kept smiling, believing in your future. but the future you wished for will never come."

shijima san's blue-green eyes burned into mei's, void of all emotion.

"you are going to die."

as soon as those words left her mouth, shijima san felt her arm being yanked back. she turned her head to meet your angry glare, fingernails digging into the brunette's sleeve.

"stop it! shut up! zip it!" you spat, blinking away tears. "how can you say such awful things to someone like mei? you don't have that right—!"

shijima san pulled her arm out of your grasp before knocking you back with a ruthless strike across the face, cutting off your sentence. you stumbled backwards, holding your cheek with a squeak of pain and feeling warmth pulse beneath the skin.

"you can't dictate what i have the right to do." shijima san muttered, scornfully staring at you. "i don't need you to understand. i doubt anything i say will be enough to convince you. supernaturals and the living can never understand one another."

the brunette breathed in shakily, gripping the handle of the dagger even tighter. as she spoke, you got a weird feeling that you had heard this before, desperation in every word.

"i..."

"i'm..."

"...have to save her."

"...going to save you, misfortune."

'...oh.'