Chapter One - Remnant

When Razer joined the Red Lantern Corps, he was consumed by his anger and rage. The loss of his beloved wife Alana at the hands of the corrupt warlords who reigned over his home planet of Volkreg. For months since he first accepted the Red Ring of Rage, Razer was a firm believer of Atrocitus's cause of vengeance against the Guardians of the Universe, allowing the evil and anger within him to take over and becoming ruthless with rage But as time went on, Razer became disillusioned with the Red Lanterns. He felt conflicted as his sense of honor came to conflict with the ruthless brutality displayed by Atrocitus and the Red Lanterns who followed him. One day, Razer decided to leave the Red Lantern Corps, but not without having to fight against Atrocitus and the entire Red Lanterns. Though he was outnumbered, Razer was able to escape from the Red Lanterns. With no where to go, Razer simply flew through the vast emptiness of space. With rage still burning in his heart, Razer seeks a cause to fight for. Meanwhile in the distant world of Remnant, Ruby Rose was in the midst of undertaking the Beacon Academy Initiation. At this point, she had been paired with Weiss Schnee. After an encounter with several Creatures of Grimm, they regroup with several other students. 

Yang: Great! The gang's all here! Now we can die together!

Ruby: Not if I can help it!

As Ruby says this, Weiss looks up at the sky and sees a red light flashing in the sky. It wasn't long before everyone else noticed it. 

Ruby: So cool!

Weiss: Calm yourself down, you dolt!

Yang: That's not something you see everyday.....

Jaune: Uh, guys? Is it me or is that....light getting closer?

Blake: Wait a minute....

Before anyone could react, the red light crashed to the ground in front of them, sending a shockwave which nearly knocks everyone off their feet. 

Ruby: Whoa! 

Jaune: Holy crap! 

In that moment, everyone prepared their weapons. But as the smoke cleared, they found a large crater in front of them. Ruby was the only one who approached the crater.

Yang: Ruby?! What are you doing?!

Ruby said nothing as she looked down at the crater. She could see an unconscious Razer lying at the center of the crater.

Ruby: Whoa.....

As she leaned in for a closer look, she falls down into the crater. When she gets up, Ruby takes a closer look at Razer. Suddenly, Razer wakes up. Ruby shrieks as she climbs up the crater.

Jaune: What's down there?! 

Ruby: An alien!

Weiss: An alien? Preposterous! There's no such thing as....

Suddenly, a small explosion of red energy bursts out of the crater. When the smoke clears, Razer floats out of the crater. Everyone was stunned as Razer looked around. Unfamiliar with his surroundings, Razer questions Ruby.

Razer: Where am I?

Ruby: Uh.....the Emerald Forest?

Razer: What planet?

Ruby: R....Remnant!

As Ruby answered his questions, Razer could see that despite having their weapons out, they were no threat to him. Suddenly, Razer was ambushed by a Grimm Ursa Minor. During the brief struggle, Razer quickly overpowers the creature by using his Red Lantern Ring to form the construct of a clawed hand and grips it. As Razer grips the Grimm, he vomits Red plasma which burns the Grimm until it is reduced to nothing. When the Grimm was killed, Razer turned to Ruby and the others who were stunned.

Weiss: What....are you?

Before Razer could answer Weiss's question, a Nevermore Grimm swoops down and snatches Razer. 

Ruby: Holy crap!

Jaune: This isn't good!

Without hesitation, the Beacon students began chasing after the Nevermore. Meanwhile, Razer breaks free from the Nevermore's grip and climbs on top of the Nevermore. Razer then begins blasting the Grimm with red energy blasts, but they seem to do little damage.

Razer: I will be your end, beast!

Razer flies away from the Nevermore and attacks it as the Nevermore picks up speed. Meanwhile, the Beacon students continue chasing after the Nevermore. 

Jaune: Guys? That thing's circling back! What are we gonna do?

Weiss: Look, there's no sense in dilly-dallying. Our objective is right in front of us. 

Ruby: We have to help him!

Weiss: We don't need to do anything! He's dangerous!

Ruby: We can't just let him fight that Grimm all by himself!

As Ruby says this, Blake and Yang turn to see a red light clashing against the Nevermore. 

Yang: I don't think he needs our help....

Blake: I've never seen a power like this....

With that, Ruby coordinated her new team along with Jaune's in an attempt to bring the Nevermore down. Meanwhile in the skies, Razer battles against the Nevermore. 

Razer: Is that the best you got?! 

As Razer battles against the Nevermore, Razer fires a powerful blast of red energy at the Nevermore's head. The Nevermore screamed in pain, causing it to descend. Ruby saw this.

Ruby: There's our chance! Let's take it down!

As the students coordinated their attack, Ruby uses her Semblance to propel herself closer to the Nevermore. Soon enough, Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang work together with Razer to behead the Nevermore. As the Nevermore crashes to the ground, Razer takes a moment to collect his bearings. He looks to see Ruby and Yang along with Blake and Weiss visibly exhausted. He was impressed at their fighting skills. 

Razer: You fought well. I am Razer.

In that moment, Razer found himself in a strange world with strange allies. Only time would tell of whether this place would be a safe haven for Razer.