Chapter Seventy Eight - Ace Operatives

After a brief resting period, Clover gathers Razer, Aya, Saint Walker, Ruby, Qrow and Jaune in a planning room. He briefs them on a mission that involves securing an abandoned Dust Mine that will serve as the launch site for the Amity Communications Tower. They are also informed of sightings of a Geist that has been attacking Huntsmen. After the briefing, Razer and Aya along with Saint Walker flew to the mines. It wasn't long before they were joined by the rest of the group. As they entered the mines, they split up with Razer, Aya and Saint Walker joining Team RWBY. As they searched the mines, Yang brought up something.

Yang: We're really not gonna tell Ironwood about what happened to Oz? What we learned about Jinn? About Salem?

Ruby: We are. We will. But you saw how things looked when we flew into Atlas.

Blake: The General's heart seems to be in the right place, but that doesn't mean we should trust him yet.

Weiss: We need to play along for a while before we make any major decisions.

Aya: But the General will need to know at some point. 

Razer: Telling him right now would be detrimental to our cause. But we can't keep it a secret from him for too long. We must take great care. 

Ruby: I...I know. We'll tell him when the time is right. For now, we just need to be ready.

As Ruby said this, Razer took note of this. They then continued moving into the mines in search for the Geist. Everyone kept their guard up. Soon enough, they were joined up by Harriet and Marrow. As they continued deeper into the mines, they came across a wall of boulders in the main mine tunnel.

Harriet: There's been a cave-in in the main entrance. Not sure if it's recent or was caused by the original accident. Either way, we'll have to do a little problem solving.

As they went deeper into the mines, Blake looked around and noticed something.

Blake: I just realized where we are. This mine was closed after an explosion.

Weiss: I remember this disaster. Or rather, I remember how furious it made my father.

As Weiss said this, she was overcome with guilt.

Weiss: I wish I could take back the years of pain my family has caused the Faunus and all of my complacency in it.

Saint Walker: You're not the person you once were, Weiss. Like Razer, you have set yourself on a better path. 

With that, they continued moving forward. Eventually, they met up with the rest of the group in the deepest part of the mine.

Razer: Have you found the Geist? 

Clover: No. Something tells me it's lurking around here somewhere.

Vine: Everyone use caution. This room is highly active with Dust energy. Triggering it could ruin the launch site.

The Geist soon reveals itself. It is revealed that the Grimm added Dust to it's body, making attacking it much more difficult. 

Razer formed a protective barrier around himself as the Geist attacked him. Aya then fires energy blasts at the Geist, taking great care to avoid the Dust on it's body. Saint Walker then used his Ring to levitate a rock and throws it at the Geist, but the Grimm shatters it. Without hesitation, Clover and the Ace-Ops launched a coordinated attack on the Geist. Team RWBY and the others provided support while the rest kept collateral damage to a minimum. As the Ace-Ops weakened the Geist, the Geist managed to gain the upper hand on the Atlas operatives. As Razer and Saint Walker battled against the Geist, Aya scans the Geist for any exploitable weaknesses. She soon finds a weakness between the places on the Geist's head. She then prepares her weapons. 

Harriet: What the hell are you doing?! You're gonna blow the whole mine.....

Aya then fires an energy blast at the Geist's weak point. The Geist howls in pain as it staggers back in forth. Saint Walker then uses his Ring to grab the Geist and hover in the air. Razer then propels himself at the Geist. 

Razer: AYA! Form a barrier around me and the Grimm!

Aya then forms a protective barrier around Razer and the Geist. Saint Walker then used his Ring to amplify Aya's power. Once the barrier was formed, Razer vomits acidic blood onto the Geist. The Geist howls in pain as the acid begins to burn at the Grimm. Soon enough, the acidic blood ignites the Dust, creating a powerful explosion. The explosion was contained by the barrier Aya and Saint Walker had created. When the smoke cleared and the barrier dissipated, Razer emerged, showing burn marks on his costume. 

Aya: Are you well, Razer? 

Razer: I'll live. 

As Razer reassures them, Team RWBY were impressed at how flawlessly the Ace-Ops were able to work together as well as the powers demonstrated by Razer, Aya and Saint Walker. 

Clover: Good work everyone. Not bad, Razer. That was a clever plan.

Razer: Without Aya, I wouldn't have been able to do it. 

Harriet: I thought it was pretty reckless. You could've blown the whole mine up and compromised the mission!

Razer: The mines still stand. That is enough for me. 

With that, the mission was a success. The group then left the mines and made their way back to the ships to report on their success. But what no one realized was that Salem's agents had arrived at both Atlas and Mantle, ready to move forward with their plans. For now, they would lie in the shadows.