Chapter Forty Seven - The Battle Of Menagerie

As the White Fang continue to besiege the Belladonna Household, Razer Saint Walker and Ilia joined the fight as they fought through wave after wave of White Fang members. The Menagerie Guard stood their ground as Ghira took the fight to Corsac and Fennec.

Ghira: How dare you invade my home?! How dare you threaten my family?!

Ghira tossed Corsac and Fennec around as if they were ragdolls. Blake and Sun aided Kali as she shot down any White Fang members that came at her. It wasn't long before Razer, Saint Walker and Ilia were seen fighting side by side.

Saint Walker: Do not worry. All will be well.

As a group of White Fang soldiers tried to swarm Blake, Sun and Kali, Saint Walker steps in and takes them down with ease.

Sun: Whoa....

When another group of White Fang soldiers arrived, Razer unleashed a shockwave of red energy from his ring. As the battle intensified, Razer, Saint Walker and Ilia fought continued fighting the White Fang.

Razer: Menagerie will not fall to you!

Razer roared as he continued cutting down White Fang members with construct swords while Ilia took down White Fang members with Lightning Lash.

Ilia: We're outnumbered. Reinforcements will be arriving soon.

Razer: Let them come. They will not stop us!

Blake: We will face them together!

Ilia smiled as she fought alongside Blake. Despite Ilia's warnings about White Fang reinforcements, they never came. During the chaos, Fennec manages to stab Ghira in the back. Ghira howls in pain as he grabs Fennec and throws him against the wall. As Ghira continues to fight Corsac, Fennec slowly gets up and aims his weapon at Ghira.

Fennec: For the White Fang...

Before Fennec could take the shot, Razer impaled Fennec with his sword construct. Fennec gasps in shock as he dies. Eventually, Ghira was able to take down Corsac with the help of Blake and Sun. Kali then rushes over to tend to her husband. As the last of the White Fang members were taken down, Corsac looks to Ilia with anger in his eyes.

Corsac: What have you done? You ruined everything...EVERYTHING!

Meanwhile outside the Belladonna Household, Saber Rodentia: Captain of the Menagerie Guard and a group of guards had taken down a group of White Fang members while another group addresses a large crowd of Faunus.

Guard: Back! Everyone, stay back! We've got people inside doing their best.

Faunus: Look!

All attention soon fell to the entrance of the Belladonna Household. Ghira walks out carrying the motionless bodies of a White Fang soldier and a Menagerie Guard on each of his shoulders. Follwoing him was Kali as well as Blake and Sun. Razer, Saint Walker and Ilia also followed. After ordering his men to search the household for any stragglers, Saber approaches Ghira.

Saber: We came as soon as we got the call. And Fennec?

Ghira nods his head sadly, making it clear that Fennec was killed in the attack. He then approaches the restrained Corsac.

Saber: Was it worth it?

Corsac says nothing as Blake walks over to address the confused crowd.

Blake: Humans didn't do this. We did this: Faunus. We did this to ourselves. We are just as capable of hate and violence as the humans, but I don't think any of us would jump at the chance to point that out. So why are we letting Adam do it for us?! By doing nothing and staying silent, we let others speak and act in our place. And if we're not proud of the choices they make, then we have no one to blame but ourselves. This is the message that Adam Taurus will bring to the world if no one stops him. But we can stop him! You have to understand that all of you are looking for simple answers to a very complicated problem. And I can't give that to you. I don't know how to make hate go away, I don't. But I know that this kind of violence is not the solution. I understand that to ask you to leave your homes and protect Haven Academy is asking you to put your lives at risk. But that's what's at stake. So I'm going, and I'll stand by myself if I have to.

Ilia: I'll stand with you! If...if you'd have me.

Razer: As shall I.

The crowd was confused by Ilia's change of heart as they remembered Ilia speaking out against the Belladonnas in favor of the White Fang. Ilia was then approached by Saber.

Saber: You're not going anywhere!

Blake: Let her come.

Saber: Huh? You're just going to forgive her? After everything she did?!

Blake: I am.

As Blake said this, Saint Walker approaches the crowd.

Saint Walker: I'll stand with Blake Belladonna! It's time we ended the cycle of pain and anger must end! It's time we stand for peace rather than vengeance! For when all seems lost, look to the stars for hope burns bright!

As Saint Walker said this, the rest of the Faunus in the crowd were quick to join in on Blake's mission to save Haven. Ghira smiled upon the unity that Blake had inspired. Saber soon spoke with Ghira.

Saber: What does she think she's doing?

Ghira: She's learned a lesson that evaded me until I was much older: That there is strength in forgiveness.

As the Faunus rallied around Blake, Razer smiled at this. They were soon approached by Ghira.

Ghira: We have about two weeks before Adam's attack on Haven. We're going to need shields, training, whatever we can do to protect as many people as possible.

Kali: We'll need transportation too. For everyone.

Razer: Even at full strength, I couldn't use my ring to carry all of those people. 

Blake: I think I know a ship captain who owes us a favor.

In that moment, the Faunus of Menagerie were united under a cause. It was a cause that sought peace rather than revenge.